Only Fools On Horses

Shadow Leader

At the Start
Well, it was always going to happen - just seen an advert on BBC for a new reality show airing soon called "Only Fools On Horses". They're taking a load of celebrities and teaching them to showjump. Oh well, it should be amusing at least I guess!

Oh, look out!! Having looked at PP's book I'd say Sally Gunnell would probably be value - she's fit & supple ergo she's more likely to take to riding well than the others. You want someone fairly fit, supple & with balance or it'll be game over.

One of the papers was carrying pictures of it the other day and she ended up on the deck!!! Now I only skimmed it, (pinched it on the train and didn't take much of it in) but I can't believe PP would be daft enough to bet on a recorded event, so what did I see?

I'm not so sure. I like them with a bit of condition on them. They tend to give you a good blow afterwards....

I was chatting to someone the other day about this and it sounds like there have been quite a few injuries in the initial stages. The contestants are having to learn stable management too, which has also resulted in a few mishaps and injuries. Those poor horses. :blink:

and here are the contestants taking part....

Broadcaster Sara Cox
Athlete and TV presenter Sally Gunnell
Presenter Jenni Falconer
Presenter Suzi Perry
Interior designer and TV presenter Anna Ryder-Richardson
Comedienne Ruby Wax
Blue Peter presenter Matt Baker
Successful entrepreneur Duncan Bannatyne
Comedian and actor Felix Dexter
Gardener and presenter Diarmuid Gavin
Hollyoaks actor Matt Littler
Actor and theatre producer Paul Nicholas.

Can't say they are all familiar names to me.....

I bet Ruby Wax is value for money in something like this... you can only imagine her language at times.

Never seen him on a horse but Blue Peter presenters can turn their hand to most things so Matt Baker will probably be ok.

If Matt Baker sticks a bit of "sticky backed plastic" to his bum and to the saddle, you never just know, he may just win it! :)

Not really, Colin. Blue Peter presenters have a very demanding job and have to do all kinds of different activities from sprinting 100 metres at the European Cup to bungee jumping and most things in between. I would imagine he will be good at this.

Not sure of the link between the two, Colin but it is safe to say that Hell will freeze over before I get on a horse! I am quite a brave chap and have no problem will cricket balls coming at my head but riding horses is not for me!!

Matt Baker was in some thing a few years back with the household cavalry I happened to catch on telly - and turned over ! I bet he wins.

I'm sure that I've seen something in the past about Nikki Chapman riding quite regularly - if my memory is correct then she must have a good shout too.

Back