Open Again - New Mods & More

Good Luck new Moderators - have a lot of fun on here and I hope your troubles are few.

It was definitely time for a change and hopefully everyone will settle down and enjoy posting on here again.

It was a real shame that the transition wasn't done a lot earlier and without upset and hopefully, after a while, a new normality will return.

Just to let you know, yes we did have a thread on FF about the goings on on here, and I've no doubt that if the situation was reversed you would have done the same thing. It was all fascinating stuff. :D

That thread, along with a talking horses reunion thread, has now been removed so that it doesn't stir up any more trouble.
I think the best place to resolve your differences is on here, so we won't be allowing the row to continue on FF.

That's not to say that if it all kicks off again we won't start another thread. :D

I hope you all sort things out.

Originally posted by Songsheet@Jun 28 2007, 05:05 AM
It was definitely time for a change and hopefully everyone will settle down and enjoy posting on here again.
Totally agree.

Is it possible we could kick off the new revamped forum with a one day competition perhaps at the weekend?

I would be willing to offer a £20 Smiths gift voucher as first prize if anyone is interested. I would offer to run the competition but I would be totally useless so is anyone willing to run it if enough people interested?

Just a thought... shrug::

Originally posted by Ted@Jun 28 2007, 09:56 AM
It was all fascinating stuff. :D

I hope you all sort things out.
Your brother commented it was the most exciting thread (or words to that effect) that he had read since he had joined your forum, Ted. :what:

I am sure your membership will increase since the fallout over here, so I hope you benefit too, Ted.

I am sure things will soon be back to normal over here so hopefully, no more threads will be required.

I would like to think that Col would have be happy to use this forum for the same purpose should anything ever kick off on yours.

Originally posted by Kathy@Jun 28 2007, 10:58 AM
Is it possible we could kick off the new revamped forum with a one day competition perhaps at the weekend?

I would be willing to offer a £20 Smiths gift voucher as first prize if anyone is interested. I would offer to run the competition but I would be totally useless so is anyone willing to run it if enough people interested?

Just a thought... shrug::
Good idea Kathy - something based around the Irish Derby meeting, maybe?

It's good to have this back. I really hope that troublemakers and other assorted undesirables can keep a handle on themselves.

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@Jun 28 2007, 10:32 AM

You're in charge.... you decide! :)

Originally posted by Desert Orchid+Jun 28 2007, 09:09 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Desert Orchid @ Jun 28 2007, 09:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Melendez@Jun 27 2007, 08:31 PM
(edit: The curse was aimed at BTB, my sincere apologies if it hit you by mistake DO)
Accepted, Mel. :) [/b][/quote]
Oh that's alright, then!

Originally posted by an capall@Jun 28 2007, 11:15 AM
A majority of the Mods are Irish. Ta se go h-an mhaith!
I'm half Irish, does that count? Afraid the rest of me is a mixture of a little bit of this, a little bit of that, some Italian and some Swiss. 100% crossbreed :laughing:

Is this forum only viewable by Members now?

Good idea imo to only show the General Public the racing stuff.

Originally posted by Kathy+Jun 28 2007, 11:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kathy @ Jun 28 2007, 11:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Gareth Flynn@Jun 28 2007, 10:32 AM

You're in charge.... you decide! :)[/b][/quote]
any takers? What about a competition just between the two of us, Gareth?

How's about a simple one - Put the field in the correct finishing position for the Irish Derby - one point for each correct position - tiebreak is the closest Tote Payout for the winner.

(Only a suggestion - do what you want)

And the same for the `Plate maybe (or at least try and name the top 6, point(s) for each correct position - bonus for the winner.

Good luck to the new Mods - may the Force be with you! - and may your efforts add to the Gaiety of Nations

Many thanks to Col and to Galileo who have worked so hard behind the scenes to get things back on track. Let's not waste all the hard work and time they have expended with any more nit-picking and squabbling

Originally posted by Headstrong@Jul 1 2007, 01:44 AM
Many thanks to Col and to Galileo who have worked so hard behind the scenes to get things back on track.
Are you kidding? They pressed a few buttons using the click of a mouse and typed a few words on a keyboard. They didn't build a 10 mile motorway or anything.

Originally posted by Phil Waters+Jul 1 2007, 09:32 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Phil Waters @ Jul 1 2007, 09:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Headstrong@Jul 1 2007, 01:44 AM
Many thanks to Col and to Galileo who have worked so hard behind the scenes to get things back on track.
Are you kidding? They pressed a few buttons using the click of a mouse and typed a few words on a keyboard. They didn't build a 10 mile motorway or anything. [/b][/quote]
yes I did :angy:

Back