Pathetic and Petty Betfair !!

Thanks Simmo. That illustrates my earlier point about unfamiliarity and while I'd like to think I'm flexible enough to adopt a different approach, only time will tell whether it's a successful one.

and thanks DG too but I'm a stubborn fuck3r so if they don't want my business I'm not going to challenge/beg them to take it, I'll just need to adjust accordingly and if it's not working, stop and assess.

We're entering a traditionally tricky time of year as the flat season draws to a close, on ground not usually suited to that code and the NH horses start their campaigns at varying levels of fitness, so I'll keep stakes lower than usual while I switch approaches and see how it goes for a few months.

Was told in a Paddy Power shop (in Ireland) the other day that in a little while they'll be requiring I/D and a utility bill for bets placed over the counter in shops of €200 or more or when collecting €2,000 or more.

I can't think of any other industry that could get away with doing what the big bookies do.

I'm closed and restricted by several, but I'm fortunate enough to still be functioning. It's tough to take Lee, but as Grey says the exchange is the way to go. Yes you've lost all the offers, but cash out is always available by usually laying for a profit if your smart with it on the Betfair Exchange.

I used to trade/arb between the bookies and Betfair and that's how I got most of my accounts closed. They were great days profitwise, but I was forced to stop so I could keep functioning bookmaker accounts. 365 thankfully is one that I still have. It's a matter of time before I also get the dreaded letter though!

Was told in a Paddy Power shop (in Ireland) the other day that in a little while they'll be requiring I/D and a utility bill for bets placed over the counter in shops of €200 or more or when collecting €2,000 or more.

How's things JJ? Still bean-counting in Dublin?

I'm expecting them to introduce ID cards or similar for anything other than minor bets, so that suggestion wouldn't surprise me at all.

went in at lunch today to a PP shop. Im not sure when this started happening but I have noticed that the usual horse racing prices (Evs, 11/10, 6/5, 5/4, 11/8, 6/4, 13/8, 7/4, 15/8, 2/1, 9/4, 5/2, 11/4, 3/1 etc) have now been added to with football odds. 7/5, 9/5, 14/5, 16/5 etc. Im presuming that the line is that they more accurately reflect the betfair odds but I cant but help think that prices are being shaved in another FOTB revenue replacement scheme. Anyway, turned me off betting in the shop. Thus ends my tale of woe.

I can't think of any other industry that could get away with doing what the big bookies do.

I'm closed and restricted by several, but I'm fortunate enough to still be functioning. It's tough to take Lee, but as Grey says the exchange is the way to go. Yes you've lost all the offers, but cash out is always available by usually laying for a profit if your smart with it on the Betfair Exchange.

I used to trade/arb between the bookies and Betfair and that's how I got most of my accounts closed. They were great days profitwise, but I was forced to stop so I could keep functioning bookmaker accounts. 365 thankfully is one that I still have. It's a matter of time before I also get the dreaded letter though!

Thanks mate, I can live without the offers and promotions as they’re to limited stakes anyhow as long as I can get a decent bet on, although extra place terms will be missed.

Exchanges it is then.

How's things JJ? Still bean-counting in Dublin?

I'm expecting them to introduce ID cards or similar for anything other than minor bets, so that suggestion wouldn't surprise me at all.

All good, thanks. Back in more rural surrounds. So less beans to be counted and an easier workload!

How is that going to work during Cheltenham festival week.

It's funny how the same bookie can tolerate some but not others. I'm curious as to what their algorithms are for putting some on the naughty list and not others. It's not just being profit.
Bet365 was my bookie of choice for a long time but these days I'm limited to tiny stakes , so banned in all but name. With that one I think it was down to one particularly good month that put me on their radar.

Back