Pistorius

Inside info??

:D

What happens to your bet, Jack, if the jury come out and find him guilty of second degree murder or manslaughter?

"Bets void should charge be changed from ‘premeditated murder’ before verdict."

I have no idea of whats happened, who he is, or anything. I'm happy that way as well. My take on it though, is that your bet isn't an absolute cut and dried freebie. They seem to have played with the words. It says it applies to the first charge of premeditated murder, but they could still find him guilty of a lesser crime, while the charge would still be for premeditated murder.

I'm no expert on South African law, or any for that matter, but thats my take on it. At 1/3 he sounds like a c*nt. :)

Last edited:
:D
My take on it though, is that your bet isn't an absolute cut and dried freebie. They seem to have played with the words. It says it applies to the first charge of premeditated murder, but they could still find him guilty of a lesser crime, while the charge would still be for premeditated murder.
If he is found guilty of a lesser crime, then, he is not guilty of premeditated murder ......................... and so stakes will be returned. That is my reading of it, but then I know nothing about the law in S.A. or anywhere else.

He puts 1 bullet in her head and 2 in her body in the dark....If the first was in the head I hardly think she stayed on her feet so he then adjusts aim...in the dark to put the other two in her body.

He's running out of time...Guilty

And 75,000 people that will in all likelihood never cross Paddy's door when they do decide to have a bet on the National or some other event.

Do you understand that corporate-building and brand-development is predicated upon finding new customers?
Existing customers of a company are secondary; the emphasis is on finding new customers. A smart company management tries to avoid alienating this pool of potential clients in any way. In the long-term, it pays to be touchy-feely rather than abrasive with controversial advertising. Controversial adverts didn't work for Benetton in the 90's , and they never will for others in the long run.

Yes. I have an account with them and lot of time for their service and offers but they are getting a bit of the Ratners.

Wouldn't agree with first line of second para though. Existing customers come first.

Last edited:
Existing customers come first.
They should, but in the corporate world they usually don't.
I'm sure you have experienced the woeful customer-care of the telecoms companies, the gas and other utility companies towards their customers. No doubt you have experienced the take-it-or-leave-it attitude towards customers of these companies.
Betting outfits will limit the stakes of loyal customers to peanuts, but will go all-out to entice new clients with bonus's and other blandishments.
For expanding corporations, the game is all about pulling in newbie customers.

In utilities and banks yes. Mobiles certainly as I can testify with EE who pulled out stops only when I said I was leaving (and admittedly did so well)

But that's down to consumers being to adverse to change. It's bottom upwards

I deal with business finance and even there some will be treated like dirt until they actually take the right steps.

Most corporate world isn't these businesses though. Retail customer service has to be spot on and same in professional services . I reckon it's stronger than ever in most fields. It was far worse 30 years ago

Last edited:
How many of the 110,000 offended stiffs saw the money back if the pope is black campaign?

The Advertising Standards Authority has ordered the withdrawal of Paddy Power's controversial Oscar Pistorius advert.

The defence have now changed their reason 3 times as to why he shot through the wall. That alone will probably seem him convicted. Tomorrow will be interesting after all the discussion today about referring him for pyschiatric evaluation.

Back