Poker shares

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds like a very good offer, but, as co-incidence would have it, I today received an email from a person quite high up in a Nigerian banking institution. It seems they are having difficulties moving funds to the UK and have offered me a commission structure similar to yours if I pay a simple banking administration fee.

Clearly you have more credibility being a forum member here for literally days when I don't know Vice President Skamuowta Qash from Adam, but could you highlight the details of how your offer is better for my investment?

Im not from Africa lol

Im a honest family man from Birmingham - uk

I have a business website at uniqueloftconversions.co.uk you can contact me from
facebook or whatever suits investors to prove im genuine.
I have no interest in skanking anyone , my reputation is more important than a few quid.
MTT Poker is high variance which is why i want to include investors to play higher stakes

Heres a few results that have not been listed on Hendon
unfortunately i dont have a full list of all previous results

3rd / 126 - deal - £900
http://midlandspoker.forumotion.co.uk...friday-22-03-2013

1st /53 - £715 - no deal - £25 buy in
http://midlandspoker.forumotion.co.uk...nesday-12-12-2012

3rd of 112 - £600 - no deal - £40 buy-in
3rd of 68 - £370 - deal
http://midlandspoker.forumotion.co.uk...-catch-up-in-full

5th
http://midlandspoker.forumotion.co.uk...26th-may-1st-june

Last edited:
High variance = bingo

No matter how good a poker player you are what is your expected edge in MTT poker? Ar that stakes/level where the standard of player is fairly similar a random player is expected to lose money in the long term. I'd rather stick £600 in some extra place e/w races doubles on Grand National day and have an actual edge.

Good luck raising the funds buts it's a **** investment.

Last edited:
High variance to a winning mtt player just means that the profit is long term
Unlike sports betting where the majority are guaranteed to make a long term loss.
or most start off losing and make a loss fullstop.
Variance just means due to the luck aspect theres no way of knowing in advance which sessions or tournaments are going to be winning or losing.
I have an edge over the majority of this field because i am an experienced live player
Most players will be internet kids that have no experience live , rich and fish that got in cheap from online sats
They are only really capable of mathematical/theoretical play which i also use but my edge comes from live experience and instinct.
Most winning online poker players are losing live players and vice versa

At the end of the day im just offering a share in a poker tournament
Its a gamble for a sweat in a online televised event.
If we bink it for 100k theres a massive return on investment unlike your chances of winning the anything in Grand national
You'd be lucky to even pick 4 horses that could even complete that thing never mind which order

High variance to a winning mtt player just means that the profit is long term
Unlike sports betting where the majority are guaranteed to make a long term loss.
or most start off losing and make a loss fullstop.
Variance just means due to the luck aspect theres no way of knowing in advance which sessions or tournaments are going to be winning or losing.
I have an edge over the majority of this field because i am an experienced live player
Most players will be internet kids that have no experience live , rich and fish that got in cheap from online sats
They are only really capable of mathematical/theoretical play which i also use but my edge comes from live experience and instinct.
Most winning online poker players are losing live players and vice versa

At the end of the day im just offering a share in a poker tournament
Its a gamble for a sweat in a online televised event.
If we bink it for 100k theres a massive return on investment unlike your chances of winning the anything in Grand national
You'd be lucky to even pick 4 horses that could even complete that thing never mind which order

I can prove the edge putting before putting my money in on the National you can't for the poker tournament, you can dress it up whatever way you want.

Im in profit for every year that i have been playing poker tournaments
How do i not have an edge if im making a consistent profit?

It's only a grand to enter, so why aren't you funding yourself? If you're expecting people to fund you for a season/year, then whats the rush? Get yourself £20K together and again, 'do it yourself'. It's not like poker games are going to end anytime soon.

Also, you're telling us you're taking a step up into this stakes range, thats a big ask, as you're unproven at this level.

Wish I could get free bets on with Bookies at 30% of the odds.:rolleyes:

My advice, would be to re-evaluate yourself, as you seem that desperate to play you're prepared to give away a large portion of your winnings (if there is any).

My mind was made up before I opened the thread. If you can't fund yourself, then you're not good enough. If you are, then go and get your stakes from lower stakes games. Cap in hand on here screams desperation.

Almost all the top mtt poker players are staked to reduce the risk of going broke and move up stakes faster
I'd like to play the highroller events .. should i sell my house to pay the 50k buy-in ?
The average bankroll size needed to cope with mtt variance is around 100 times the average buyin size of a tournament so for that reason in willing to invest 30% of my own will be 30k when ive played 100 at this level
I dont need to re-evaluate myself and i dont see it as giving away anything. i get the % for what i invested
Esfandiari who is one of the most well known poker players for years recently won the one drop for $18 million 1st place and only had 4% of himself
Its normal in poker to sell shares. Winning poker players are not like horse betting punters who only think short term .. we dont just walk into the bookies and invest our savings on high variance events which give poor odds hoping to be in the minority that made it pay.
So yeah go and invest in the Grand National and forget investing in something that actually has a positive long term expected value
Admit it the reason you guys are willing to bung all your money on horses knowing that your likely to make a loss is because you get a thrill
The amount you have invested over the years was not to even intended make profit.
I know ... i was a mug punter for years before poker taught me where i was going wrong and just how poor an investment sports gambling really is .. unless of coarse your Barney Curly who has the right phone numbers
and please spare me the details of how you have a system that works because i know the score
I grew up often hungry and never had holidays because my old man blew it in the bookies

Last edited:
Almost all the top mtt poker players are staked to reduce the risk of going broke and move up stakes faster
I'd like to play the highroller events .. should i sell my house to pay the 50k buy-in ?

Which proves that MTT are not a profitable investment. You need to get lucky and win one but you cannot grind out a profit from them because there is no value

I'd like to stake a million in e/w bets on some of the today's races and I'm certain they're cracking value BUT I'm not asking people to stake me because I could easily go broke.

Your father went broke probably because he was not a smart gambler but please don't mix up betting with going broke. The two are not mutually related.

The average bankroll size needed to cope with mtt variance is around 100 times the average buyin size of a tournament so for that reason in willing to invest 30% of my own will be 30k when ive played 100 at this level
I dont need to re-evaluate myself and i dont see it as giving away anything. i get the % for what i invested
Esfandiari who is one of the most well known poker players for years recently won the one drop for $18 million 1st place and only had 4% of himself
Its normal in poker to sell shares. Winning poker players are not like horse betting punters who only think short term .. we dont just walk into the bookies and invest our savings on high variance events which give poor odds hoping to be in the minority that made it pay.
So yeah go and invest in the Grand National and forget investing in something that actually has a positive long term expected value
Admit it the reason you guys are willing to bung all your money on horses knowing that your likely to make a loss is because you get a thrill
The amount you have invested over the years was not to even intended make profit.
I know ... i was a mug punter for years before poker taught me where i was going wrong and just how poor an investment sports gambling really is .. unless of coarse your Barney Curly who has the right phone numbers
and please spare me the details of how you have a system that works because i know the score
I grew up often hungry and never had holidays because my old man blew it in the bookies

Actually your whole post is absolute bollocks. Go read the rest of the forum and you'll see there are long term profitable sports bettors posting on here every day. Don't be so condescending about betting when you clearly know nothing about making money gambling.

Your the one talking bollocks ... the bookmaker can only exist and takes bets because the odds are against you winning
Which means statistically theres a very small % of people making profit
Some of them may well be using this forum
Mtt poker is profitable when a player has the skills and uses bankroll management
Thats what im doing and i make a profit.
The reason a sports gambler cant get a stake e/w today is because nobody is studid enough to invest in something that you have actually got no control of
I have control in poker .. i can give a weak player poor odds to make a call
i can call when i have the right odds and i can have an advantage in many ways over inexperienced players.
What can you do to influence your results ?
Shout giddy up ?

Last edited:
Your the one talking bollocks ... the bookmaker can only exist and takes bets because the odds are against you winning. Which means statistically theres a very small % of people making profit

Competently inaccurate. Like poker you pick your spots or like Blackjack you up your stakes when things are in your favour. 5 place races, money back specials, inaccurate early prices, bad e/w races, arbs. The list goes on and on.

Mtt poker is profitable when a player has the skills and uses bankroll management Thats what im doing and i make a profit.

So you should have no problem getting backers then but they are more likely to come from the poker world then on here. I can put my money in much better spots then backing you.

The reason a sports gambler cant get a stake e/w today is because nobody is studid enough to invest in something that you have actually got no control of
I have control in poker .. i can give a weak player poor odds to make a call
i can call when i have the right odds and i can have an advantage in many ways over inexperienced players.
What can you do to influence your results ?
Shout giddy up ?

Jesus you are clueless. You put you money in, in a MTT with AK V 22 and you've got value BUT you have no control over a 2 hitting on the flop. Why is sports betting any different? I put my money in with an edge and I have no control over what happens BUT I'd don't care once my money was in good.

If you can't comprehend the basic similarities between poker and sports betting then God bless anyone who invests in you. Open up your mind and think logically about what you're saying. Don't assume sports betting can not be usually lucrative just because you and you father done there stones.

Can you please explain in more detail how both the punter and bookmaker is winning ?

Jesus you are clueless. You put you money in, in a MTT with AK V 22 and you've got value BUT you have no control over a 2 hitting on the flop.

Your clueless because AK v 22 is behind by a small percentage so i can only make a long term profit in this spot if i have post flop skills to outplay my opponent
In poker you dont care about your opponent getting lucky against the odds because you make a long term profit from those situations
I would want him to call and expect to lose a percentage of the time .. that makes him the losing player not me you absolute clueless twonk

Last edited:
Can you please explain in more detail how both the punter and bookmaker is winning ?

Your clueless because AK v 22 is behind by a small percentage so i can only make a long term profit in this spot if i have post flop skills to outplay my opponent
In poker you dont care about your opponent getting lucky against the odds because you make a long term profit from those situations

In betting I don't care about the results just putting my money in good. Its the same bloody thing.

Last edited:
I doubt theres such thing as getting it in good in the national
even if you win today your bet has a negative expected value long term

I doubt theres such thing as getting it in good in the national
even if you win today your bet has a negative expected value long term

Oh dear sir. Go look at oddschecker.com and the place terms on the National and the place 5 market on Betfair. DO THE MATHS

I need one horse to place in the last today for €1.5k from €25 e/w multiples on the 3 extra place races today. I've three of them running on to one horse at 2/1 to place who is trading at 5/4 to finish in the 4.

Last edited:
If you need staked to the tune of £1100 for this buy-in, then the profit you claim you already make, is presumably puny........so why would anyone invest?

Isn't this just spam anyway??

If you need staked to the tune of £1100 for this buy-in, then the profit you claim you already make, is presumably puny........so why would anyone invest?

Isn't this just spam anyway??

No its an education.

I need one horse to place in the last today for €1.5k from €25 e/w multiples on the 3 extra place races today. I've three of them running on to one horse at 2/1 to place who is trading at 5/4 to finish in the 4.

BOOM :cool:

To gamble on anything thats profitable but not guaranteed short term you need to have a bankroll of a certain amount to allow for downswings
That dont mean i am not confident of winning or expect to lose on the day
100 buy-ins is minimum for mtt and im not looking to invest 100k hence selling shares
you also shouldn't invest in mtt poker for even the best player in the world if you dont have 100 x your investment
I came to a horse forum because generally horse punters are not educated gamblers and will **** their wages on anything that moves for a thrill

Go read the 'Will Win' thread pal. Some of us know what we're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back