Poll Result, accurate or not ?

Diamond Geezer

Gone But Not Forgotten
Polls aren't the most accurate barometer (except the TH Champion Hurdle one :whistle: ) but in this one racing is the fifth most boring one to watch on TV. How accurate do you reckon that is ?

2dazhqq.jpg

PS Maybe they did the poll in the Summer :ninja:

Racing isn't tribal enough for the general public. It's interesting that American Football is up there as well - I think this is the team sport that is the most cerebral and like racing it's hard to appreciate unless you immerse yourself in it.

Last edited:
One thing about horses is, they're not overpaid, they don't inject or dope themselves.

They don't fall over deliberately to get awarded a penalty either :)

Apart from Animal rights activists (and alike), if you don't find The Grand National or Cheltenham Gold Cup entertaining you need a sense-of-humour bypass, or you probably take yourself and your petty life too seriously.

Last edited:
This does not read well for me. Love golf, love American Football, love Horse Racing, love darts!

I also think Tennis is the most mind numbing sport on there.

Joint Sixth most boring sport surely yet more exciting than Basketball making it just the seventh most boring so not as bad as the headline.
Maybe the horses should be doped, overpaid and rewarded for falling over.
Hill House and Vayrann were found to be "self doping "

Last edited:
What a stupid question
They may as well have just asked people to name a bunch of sports they don't like or have no interest in, I find watching Ex on the beach and Geordie shore boring as hell but my wife watches them and finds them highly entertaining, I love watching football, Cricket and Horse Racing wear as watching Those things bores the hell out of her,
So what?
It's always got my goat when people who are passionate about one thing, be it sport or whatever denigrate something else just because they've no interest in it.
We're all different, it'd be a hell of a boring world if we weren't.

Racing is on free to air tv every week, unlike any other sport on that list bar football. If sports such as athletics were shown as often as the equine version, and ordinary bread and butter meetings were covered, more people would find that boring too.

Those figures are not too bad in the circumstances.

How on earth did Formula 1 get such a decent sport? It hasn't been exciting for a long time, if its not tyre management then the drivers are having to conserve fuel or can't get into the slipstream to overtake because of the dirty air from the car in front.

This isn’t intended to sound sexist, but inevitably will... I imagine they asked something like 50/50 % ratio of men and women as while a man’s list would vary, if I were asked to predict, in order, a woman’s table of most boring sports it’d be pretty much as above.

Last edited:
Gymnastics? Only time I've found that interesting is watching a 19 year old Russian girl on the beams.

F1 is boring to watch. Used to be very enetertaning, now it's just a bore fest of the same cars and drivers.

Where as I find Racing, Football, and Golf all fairly interesting.

I was in Bradman's pub/restaurant and sports bar in Bangkok and could not believe it w2hen I saw this small crowd of guys staring at the TV to ensure they never missed a thing.

Just has to be the most boring sport on the planet to watch....Yacht racing. Like there's nothing happening no sense of real movement/a race just boats miles apart.

Actually it was quite easy to explain their interest they were those strange people from down under who call the paddock a mounting yard and refer to a useless horse as a work in progress.

As for Golf being boring to watch I can only assume the people who they asked in the poll were 2 Abo's who were lost at the north pole who don't have TV's and have never seen this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZcpbsoeDZ0

Last edited:
Any poll which suggests swimming and gymnastics are less boring than horse-racing invalidates itself, due to restricting its focus-group to residents of the local insane asylum.

Horse racing is boring to the general public. You cannot escape that. But remember the general public are made up of 80% arseholes. Athletics is only exciting for sub-10 secs. A bit like a night out with Grassy.

Human sport no longer provides hereos and the disparity between top athlete and common folk is so large

It's easy to adore a horse mind

Last edited:
Back