Prince Of Wales Stakes

0.56 secs faster than Manduro last year.

Am I alone in thinking that McGrath had his weeks wages on it

Like the horse.

AOB is just cringeworthy with his comments, that's all. Or do you disagree?

Sorry. But i`d just like a different frigging story. At least with Nicholls dominance over the jumps he has a reasonable variety of colours.

It's not a case of slating him Gal - it's just that some horses get ones; juices going and some don't! - it'sw a mysterious thing how some horses just don't capture the imagination in the way others do...

DOM's become an admirable animal and has come on a bundle this year - I heard earlier they took out the pin from his pastern [injured at 2] over the winter, that seems to have done the trick too as he seems a lto more comfortable now

Ask's lack of pace woefully shown up there. Moore gave him a really good ride in trying to get first run on the fav but just didn't have the horse to pull it off with. Stoute must be confident in Spanish Moon's ability for the Hardwicke.

Originally posted by Headstrong@Jun 18 2008, 03:53 PM
It's not a case of slating him Gal - it's just that some horses get ones; juices going and some don't! - it'sw a mysterious thing how some horses just don't capture the imagination in the way others do...
It`s the BBC`s coverage that grates. Outstanding they say and here`s Murtagh saying he`s the best horse he`s ridden. What a prize **** of a short arse. Does he not remember Sinndar??

He said he is up there with the best horses he has ridden which is not exactly earth shattering.

We know what Coolmore are,lets get over it.The same people who are complaining about it are probably the same people who said the horse was too short, not good enough for this at 7/4.

I thought 7/4 wasn't a backable price.

Why do we need to get over 'what Coomore are'? Is there a reason why AOB/Coolmore are always strongly defended?

They should be open to criticism here same as Godolphin .. who have much different failings.

Andrew Black's column today also indicates why some people feel some of Coolmore's recent successes are tainted.

Originally posted by davidjohnson@Jun 18 2008, 02:54 PM
Ask's lack of pace woefully shown up there. Moore gave him a really good ride in trying to get first run on the fav but just didn't have the horse to pull it off with. Stoute must be confident in Spanish Moon's ability for the Hardwicke.
Good point re Moore's ride.

Could you put up a link to A Black's piece Andrew? - I can't find it online. Thanks!

Originally posted by Andrew Hurley@Jun 18 2008, 04:02 PM
Andrew Black's column today also indicates why some people feel some of Coolmore's recent successes are tainted.
It might indicate their feelings, but it came across as little more than a whinge.

Originally posted by Galileo@Jun 18 2008, 03:59 PM
He said he is up there with the best horses he has ridden which is not exactly earth shattering.

We know what Coolmore are,lets get over it.The same people who are complaining about it are probably the same people who said the horse was too short, not good enough for this at 7/4.
Do you not remember Golden Cross?

:laughing:

Not sure what this little Barneys about but I thought I heard Johnny say it was the best horse he's ever ridden which would be high praise indeed.

Originally posted by Sheikh@Jun 18 2008, 04:14 PM
Not sure what this little Barneys about but I thought I heard Johnny say it was the best horse he's ever ridden which would be high praise indeed.
In my case i`m just a bit of a bad loser. I`m doing my nuts in :brows:

With his effectiveness on really fast ground proven, I think Ask can have a real big say in the King George if they target him at the race.

Yes dj only noticed it now on the replay. My only worry is if this race might have left its mark on him, they can get away with fast ground runs once but it can catch up with them on the second run if it is fast again.

I'd fancy Henry or New Approach to beat him over 10f. Could have the Eclipse to himself though.

Back