Princess Flame

Flame

At the Start
Very interesting run at Chepstow for Brendan Powell's runner.

Held up remotely in rear under a 7lb claimer, nil effort to get involed, got squeezed up 1.5f out when horse full of running, jokcey never even touched it afterwards, beat little over 3l on its 3rd run.

Me thinks the stewards will be doing Manser and Powell for the non triers rule and quite rightly so on that evidence.

I'd be very surprised if the stewards don't come down heavily on connections of the horse.
Looked one of the worst in quite a while.

On a slightly different note good to see Cathy Gannon having a double in the first & third races on the card.

I haven't seen the race - and why would I know anything about what happened. shrug:: I do know that Brendan is not a crook and I know that Kylie is a claimer desperately looking for winners - well she was when I spoke to her on Friday at Fontwell. Make up your own minds as I am sure some of you already have.

I am sure the stewards will deal with the situation as they see fit.

getting a horse handicapped doesnt make a trainer a crook, the horse was 66-1 so its not like anyone was laying it. id see your point if it was a short price, but there nothing worng with that effort in my eyes.

....except the small matter that it is against the rules, jft! You can't presume that no-one was laying it, either - you just don't know that.

I suppose you could argue that sensible people wouldn't lay one from a gambling yard, but then again that's not really the point.

Don't the rules say that a horse should be ridden to achieve its best possible position.

I would suggest that this horse was palpably not.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that the horse should have won but she should have finished quite a bit closer.

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@May 6 2008, 06:17 PM
....except the small matter that it is against the rules, jft! You can't presume that no-one was laying it, either - you just don't know that.
of ocurse im preusming, but im hardly wide of the mark.

if you were connected with that horse, would you really consider laying it at 66-1?? or say a place price of 12-1? i very much doubt it.

That's entirely beside the point, along with the tiny matter that if you were connected to the horse, you would be warned off for laying it in the first place!!!

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@May 6 2008, 06:25 PM
That's entirely beside the point, along with the tiny matter that if you were connected to the horse, you would be warned off for laying it in the first place!!!
if you didnt cover your tracks, you would

Yes, yes, that's blatantly obvious to anyone!

All of it however, is entirely beside the point. If someone is seen to be breaking the rules, they have to answer as such.

jft, you seem to be deliberately missing the point.

Which, surely, is that the horse was not ridden out to achieve the best possible position.

Whether anyone laid it or not is, as Shads has said, irrelevant.

The third home in that race, Princess Flame, attracted the attentions of the stewards, who held an enquiry into the running and riding of the Brendan-Powell trained filly.

After losing several lengths at the start, the former bumper and hurdles winner recovered to make good headway in the straight and was beginning to stay on strongly when hampered and denied a clear run around one furlong out.

That cost the mare any chance she might have had of winning but, despite her rider appearing not to be too hard on her once in the clear close home, she continued to run on strongly, leaving the impression she would have gone close with a clear run.

Having heard from trainer and jockey, and also from the veterinary officer and handicapper, the stewards were content to note their explanations.

--------------------------------------

I personally think this is very very wrong, when Wigham and co do it the book is thrown as they are well know for doing it, my question is, if this filly were to dot up next time on her handicap debut would they throw the book then at Brendan. They can't use the apparent improvement in form as it filled a place the time before, the Stewards should have taken action here I feel, and Brendan and Kylie should have been imposed big fines and bans. The horse albeit dropped in after a slow start was never asked for any effort at any stage of the race, yet was beaten 3l, pure cheating in my opinion. Brendan amy not be the type of person that does it but that horse was never put in a position to win the race and therefore I feel the stewards haven't done their job here.

Okay its been noted, but that basically means nothing will come of it.

Very poor show from the stewards at Chepstow if they can't take action against a non trier as blatant as what that one was.

Even McKeown occasionally tries a bit harder than that.

Originally posted by jft2005@May 6 2008, 06:13 PM
getting a horse handicapped doesnt make a trainer a crook, the horse was 66-1 so its not like anyone was laying it.
Do you not think anyone that backed it it entitled to feel aggrieved?

I thought it was a terrible ride from a claimer who frankly, is as bad a rider as you will see operating considering the number of rides she has. It isn't the first time this season either that she's been in trouble with the stewards. Wasn't she banned for 10 days for failing to gain the best possible placing on Noel Chance's Saint Eric at Wolverhampton.

Originally posted by Colin Phillips@May 6 2008, 06:38 PM
jft, you seem to be deliberately missing the point.

Which, surely, is that the horse was not ridden out to achieve the best possible position.

Whether anyone laid it or not is, as Shads has said, irrelevant.
what are you whittling on about now. some shite race where a horse is 66-1 and wasnt ridden to achieve best possible placing who gives a toss. it happens every day. who are you to judge if im deliberately missing the point.

Well done to Brendan Powell and Kylie Manser after tonights efforts, although the hard work to be fair had already been put in at Chepstow.

Well, would you look at that. Was there a stewards held over the sudden "improvement" found in this horse to win after its last two woeful runs following the previous "fluke" 3rd place? Was there bollocks.

Originally posted by Kathy@Jun 24 2008, 10:36 PM
You two really are quite pathetic. Infact you deserve each other! :)
Which two Kathy? At least five people on this thread were unimpressed with Princess Flame's Chepstow "effort".

I would be very careful "Rory Delargy" about how you and your little side kick go about trying to blacken the names of people like Brendan Powell on a public forum - and as for your poisonous PM "effort"... that will be addressed in due course too.

Originally posted by Kathy@Jun 24 2008, 10:51 PM
I would be very careful "Rory Delargy" about how you and your little side kick go about trying to blacken the names of people like Brendan Powell on a public forum - and as for your poisonous PM "effort"... that will be addressed in due course too.
It wasn't a PM Kathy ~ it was posted on the forum; you'd be surprised who sent me messages of support. :D

Your post above seems to be a threat ~ what am I meant to have done wrong exactly, and what are you planning to do about it. Most people on this and other forums are tired of your vitriol.

It came to me via PM from your little sidekick, Shadow Leader to make sure I saw it as she realised (and was clearly worried) I didn't read it via this forum.

For your information I don't do threats, Rory but your poisonous PM will be addressed in due course.

Back