Punchestown Day 1

What are the chances of Dunguib running? Good ground and watering. Did I read somewhere that this would rule him out?

I have the option of going on Tuesday or Wednesday but am unsure who is likely to turn up. Is Denman confirmed. What do those of you in the know reckon is likely to be the better day's sport, Tuesday or Wednesday?

Paddy Power: 2 Kalahari King 5-2 Forpadydeplasterer 9-2 Sizing Europe, Twist Magic 6 Golden Silver 12 Barker 16 bar

Twist Magic for me... Would no surprise to see him return to his early season form here and on that form he holds all of them with the exception of Sizing Europe on the basis that we don't know quite how good he is...

If Sizing Europe is on song tomorrow I think we could see something very special - I think these are his ideal conditions. Right handed track like Punchestown on a decent surface.

It will be interesting to see how Blackstairsmountain goes - he will give a good guide as to how the Fairyhouse meeting will impact on this meeting. Few enough horses finished as legless as he did last time.

Good card tomorrow. Novice chase interesting enough too..I suppose the proximity of Lenabane, who likes good ground and ran ok at Aintree, will be a useful marker for judging the quality of winner. Midnight Club strongly fancied.

Good field for the big chase as well. A really good two miler. Forpady is due one, but Sizing is the wildcard.

If Sizing Europe is on song tomorrow I think we could see something very special - I think these are his ideal conditions. Right handed track like Punchestown on a decent surface.

Yes, he was patently unsuited to Cheltenham! The fresh argument is the one that I think is the most applicable with this horse, and with the novice form not looking great, I think he looks a pretty poor price tomorrow. I'd rather go with Twist Magic who's form is far superior to that of his rivals and has historically come back late in the season after disappointing at the Festival.

Only nagging doubt is no Walsh. 7/10 over fences for him but just 1/8 for other jockeys. I tend not to worry about such stats but it looks pretty compelling.

Sizing Europe is 3 from 3 over fences at Punchestown and it's hard to knock his record at the Punchestown festival - a decisive victory over Big Zeb and a gallant defeat when he was emerging from the doldrums.
I haven't heard anything but the stable is in good form and despite the time of year and a healthy respect for Twist Magic I will be having a decent bet on him tomorrow.

The word I got late last night was they hope he will win.
The brother tells me Davy Russell just have a good word for Natal -he is my saver at a big price each way.

I like Barker each-way at 20/1. Has to go right-handed, still relatively unexposed imo, and has been laid-out for this.

Not often we send a horse from Wales with a winning chance at Punchestown but Rebecca Curtis`s in the first bumper 5.30, Scoter Fontaine will go very close .
For the remainder fancy,Loosen my Load,4.20,Tarkari 4.55,Sizing Europe ( nap )6.05,Jet Master 7.15. Only wish we could fly over.

Back