Punchestown Day 1

I fancy Mr Thriller to run a big race in this - he's the forgotten horse imo - highest rated over hurdles having won off 161 and had only 3 races this/last season? He was finishing very well up the hill at Cheltenham behind Noble Prince and looked a horse just coming into form. His last 6 races have all been at Cheltenham, a track I don't think suits him. There may be a question mark over his stamina but he wasn't stopping L/T/O over 2m4f, so I'm prepared to give him a go on a right-handed track I think will suit and over further and he shouldn't be feeling the effects of a long season. One for me to back at a big price and trade in running, hopefully he'll be travelling well at the 2m6f mark. Either way the price looks huge and worth the risk.

I've just got in from work and watched this race and Mr Thriller was travelling really well in 2nd before falling at the 4th last. I'd kept a lay in running at 3.7 which was matched but ths could be a seriously well h'capped chaser (O/R141) next season, if they don't run him over the summer. If they can teach him how to jump properly over the next 6months, although I don't think Cheltenham suits he'd be a proper Paddy Power contender.

I've just got in from work and watched this race and Mr Thriller was travelling really well in 2nd before falling at the 4th last. I'd kept a lay in running at 3.7 which was matched but ths could be a seriously well h'capped chaser (O/R141) next season, if they don't run him over the summer. If they can teach him how to jump properly over the next 6months, although I don't think Cheltenham suits he'd be a proper Paddy Power contender.

By the sounds of it, his racing career was over.

Back