Punchestown Day 1

Ended up blowing a few quid today through pure stupidity and ridiculous chasing.Think Quito is a serious place lay in next but I think I will gave a good nights sleep before resuming the battle.

As good as a winner.
It's not my usual game but I am considering a whopping bet on Kauto tomorrow-any opinions.

5/4 with Powers,probably the same with Boyles.The Powers special is fair enough.Was considering backing him in all the local shops and possibly trying to lay off at 4/5 in running early on.

5/4 with Powers,probably the same with Boyles.The Powers special is fair enough.Was considering backing him in all the local shops and possibly trying to lay off at 4/5 in running early on.

Does the special apply tomorrow?

EDIT:

Just checked - Does not apply tomorrow.

Last edited:
Followed you in for a few snoops there IS - Paul Nolan likes his in the last but there hasn't been a red cent for it all morning which would put me off a little. King Vuvuzela still freely available at 20/1 and 9/2 a straight place.

Hope it didn't put you off enough! Well done!

Gearoid -are you talking about the Powers or Boyles special.I thought Boyles were a bit sneaky with their special saying it applies to Internet and mobile only.

Gearoid -are you talking about the Powers or Boyles special.I thought Boyles were a bit sneaky with their special saying it applies to Internet and mobile only.

Powers. Boyles did the same for Cheltenham. There was murder over it.

Well done, OTB, you reminded me of what Paul had said (Cantoris, OTB and I were at Paul Nolan's on Saturday).

I had a small bet, but like you I was a bit put off by the absence of any support in the market. On the other hand, after Rising Time won virtually unbacked for the same stable in the mares bumper at Fairyhouse last week I had to have something on.

Back