Joncol
Notre Pere
Planet of Sound
Rare Bob
Siegemaster
Tranquil Sea
War of Attrition
J'y Vole

Decent renewal. Tranquil Sea steps up. I'd worry that it might be a bit quick for both him and Joncol

WOA deserves special mention. Hopefully he can sneak a place

Will there be enough watering for the ground to suit Denman. 13/8 with Coral and William Hill.

I couldn't back Denman at the prices... The Gold Cup was it for him I think and I can see him getting tapped for toe and his jumping coming under pressure again.. Plus i'm not convinced about him going right handed.

I've not gone near him all year but Barber's Shop looks a good place back proposition at the prices. His form suggests he's marginally better going right handed and whilst the trip may stretch his stamina I think Geraghty will ride him to get the trip and he looks good value to place. I do think both Joncol and Cooldine will serve it up to the Tank as well.

Cracking Race...

Would love War to go out on a high, even if he just got placed. Has been a favourite for his whole career and given me many days to remember. :)

Think Cooldine's season should be written off - just has not got it going for one reason or another.

Denman is the sort of price that with hindsight could look ridicilously good but I will pass him over and if he wins he wins. J'y Vole appears to be the money horse and while the right handed track will suit her much betterI think the 3 miles will be the very limit of her stamina but I can why people are latching on because there is not much else.

I couldn't back Denman at the prices... The Gold Cup was it for him I think and I can see him getting tapped for toe and his jumping coming under pressure again.. Plus i'm not convinced about him going right handed...

Pretty much mirrors my own thoughts, Aragorn.

Take out Denman and you could make a case for mort. Im going chancing my arm each way with Siegemaster and Planet of Sound.

Doing the same with Rare Bob. Thought he ran a really encouraging race at Aintree last time in what looked a fairly hot handicap. Has to improve a stone at the very least to get in the shake up here, but has less questions to answer than most.

I've backed Doctor Dee Jay as well in the 4yo hurdle. Emphasis on speed looks sure to suit and wasn't far behind the Cooper horse in the Fred Winter before probably finding the hill a bit too much.

Handicap chase looks a real minefield but I can't let my old friend Fantoche go unbacked at a very fair price. Been waiting for him to get good ground for a while.

A place lay of Denman could be the way to go in the belief that if he is going to get beaten he will blow out completely.I like Cooldine and Joncol but the race doesn't have strength in depth.

I think conditions will not suit Denman but is very difficult to find anything to oppose, Cooldine ahs run stinkers in this meeting in the last 3 seasons, JyVole is better on 2 1/2 miles and softer ground, Joncol a non runner was not going to be suited by the ground, Notre Pere is gone and needs softer and Tranquil Sea is not good enough and stamina questions.

Clearly, DENMAN does not like going t'other way round! Poor AP, most of his effort throughout was to stop The Tank tanking through the rails on the bends. Could've gone much closer if he hadn't added about a furlong to the race by going wide all the time. Well done to PLANET OF SOUND, and as was mooted on here, damn good run from WAR OF ATTRITION - sorry to see J'Y VOLE drop the jock, looked more like a slidey sort of stumble than carelessness.

Back