Punchestown Day 4

I can't remember - was he injured during his last race, or in training afterwards? If the latter, his one and only run in open company isn't exactly going to make backers feel warm and fuzzy is it? If the former, then it's not really important.

Muirhead at 25s looks an interesting each-way prospect.

I can't remember - was he injured during his last race, or in training afterwards? If the latter, his one and only run in open company isn't exactly going to make backers feel warm and fuzzy is it? If the former, then it's not really important.

Muirhead at 25s looks an interesting each-way prospect.

i looked at Muirhead but can't see wht will make the pace in this and at 2 miles will need a strong one..priced well though

I couldn't have either of front two at the prices..they just don't deserve to be 1st and 2nd fav's

Hurricaine Fly - all best form on slow ground - Lay material
Dunguib - can't win novice G1 but is 2nd fav for this? ..Lay material

looks like two nice hype horses make the market

when has hurricane fly had the chance to perform on a decent surface

He did have a setback last year though which is why he didn't go to cheltenham. Clearly not as bad as his recent injury but first time back after an injury is first time back after an injury...

This thread is filling me with doubt-I think dj has made a good case for the Pipe horse and he is strong in the market.

Huge effort from Hurricane Fly - thought the lack of a run was just going to tell in the last few hundred yards. Great speed, slick jumper and good attitude....lets hope for a clear run for him next season.

Tremendous ride from Russell - nearly stole it and lovely to see him bounce back to form.

First three pulled miles clear of the rest.

Dunguib was all over the place. Ran too free. The market move for him was a bit odd I thought. Very easy in the market all day.

Great stuff in the big race, Hurricane Fly is a very classy horse but he also had to show some guts this evening.

And congratulations to the connections of Reve de Sivola (I think Mounty is one of them?), who suffered badly from interference but still got up to win comfortably enough.

Cracking wins by both. DUNGUIB far too strong for his own good early on. Seemed to be being sent to challenge on the outside quite early on the last turn, but then just petered out. BUT - on the upside - his actual hurdling looked very good!

I bet he is relieved he got a pot out of Thousand Stars. Will almost be forced to go chasing after todays run.

Back