Punchestown Tuesday

Bobbyjo

At the Start
Probably best to have the debates here...

Go Native v Hurricane Fly stands out for me - with El Dancer and Riverside Theatre in the supporting cast. Ground conditions should be just right for Hurricane Fly to prove he's the horse that we think he is.

Master Minded should have little difficulty - although it would be nice of Big Zeb at least stayed on his feet...

Cooldine should have no issues either, but I'll be interested to see how Joncol fares - interesting to see McCoy booked with Gone For Lunch declared.

Cooldine did have a little set back since Cheltenham so that is a slight worry...he should relish this ground though.

Hurricane Fly should be fascinating, Go Native could be interesting if the price difference is too much.

Looks like one of the strongest days the Punchestown festival has ever had to me in terms of the top talent on show. Hope the ground doesn't get too bad.

Lovely sunny day here now, though showers are threatening. Would imagine it will just be soft ground and nothing worse.

Not sure if she runs or not but Moskova would interest me each way - impressed in an egg and spoon race last time out though has done nothing wrong over fences thus far.

Short-priced treble looks a good thing tomorrow....can't see any of the principals getting turned over.

I'd be slightly worried about Cooldine, and would consider laying him at lower than 4/9 (i'm going on his forecast price on SL is 1/2). He has had some hard races, and has had a little niggle after Cheltenham.

Lots of good racing but perhaps not a great betting day.The landrover will be interesting as always.Like the look of Jessie Harringtons, Imperial cascade.

A horse i've been waiting for is Imperial Hills, after what appeared to be a prep run at Fairyhouse last time. However that going description doesn't inspire confidence, as the horse didn't seem to relish the same conditions in the Pierse Hurdle. Pity, as if the going was decent today i'd imagine it would have enough in hand to be a penalty kick each way today.

Unless anyone knows of a reason other than the ground for Imperial Hills emptying in the Pierse?

I will be really interested to see how the ground rides. I think it is going to be very testing indeed.

Punchestowns is a non runner on Thursday.

Are you all of a sudden allowed barge through horses? Amazing, incredible horse ... moron of a jockey. Mullins has missed an opportunity to keep Townend on board today.

I wonder whether Cheltenham would really suit?

Is it compulsory for Ruby to kick on off the final bend on Smith's horses? He did the same at Ascot on both MM and Free World and I'm sure he does it on Kauto too

I wonder whether Cheltenham would really suit?

Hurricane Fly has now won twice over hurdles at Punchestown (hacking-up both times), which is a stiff, undulating stiff track like Cheltenham.

He's won on ground ranging from Good-to-Firm to Very Soft (equals Heavy).

He's won left-handed and right-handed.

The horse is bullet-proof.

Back