Racehorse changes

krizon

At the Start
Would it be helpful to note when horses change yards? If they retire or die, we do have Retirements & Departures, but a yard change doesn't fit either of those categories. If it is useful, then can I put these forward for any interest:

DUNBOYNE EXPRESS: dual Irish Group 3 winner is set for Hong Kong after a private sale out of Kevin Prendergast's yard.

CALEDONIAN SPRING: Listed-winning juvie for the Paul D'Arcy stable is sold to continue racing career in Hong Kong; likewise Listed-placed colt PERCY JACKSON.

JAKKALBERRY: Italian Group 1 winner joins Marco Botti's Newmarket stable, as does FATTSOTA, a half-bro to top middle-distance horse FALBRAV.

WEIRD AL: 8 y.o. chaser moves from Ian Williams to Donald McCain.

HALSION CHANCER: nine-time winner for the John Best yard is retired.

DANDINO: Group 2 winner on the Flat for Elite Racing Club moves from James Given to Nicky Henderson, for a hurdling campaign.

Saphir River: Group 1 placed on his latest outing over hurdles in France 12 days ago has joined Michael Scudamore from Carlos Lerner.

I think a recent Nicholls runner was moved from Nick Williams yard, can't remember the name.

Yes - it was in the RP yesterday but can't remember who'd bought the horse. His last run was his first start over 3m and he was beaten a nose by Spirit Son on his hurdles debut at Auteuil in September 2010 so could be an interesting one for staying chases next season.

That was at Arqana's November sale earlier this week Kri.

At the same sale HB Bloodstock paid 32,000 for a yearling son of Muthatir out of the Group 1 winning hurdler Lina Drop (a daughter of Triumph Hurdle winner Snow Drop) named Lino Drop.

LINO DROP? Dear soul, I wish they'd sometimes check for international understanding of some names! Sounds like a recycling point for old floor coverings. Anyway, that's interesting stuff, and thanks for the nuggets of French transfers you bring us.

I think a recent Nicholls runner was moved from Nick Williams yard, can't remember the name.

That would be Flaming Gorge who is on his third trainer already.

Should win races over staying trips after an encouraging reappearance at Plumpton on Monday.

Back