Racing Replays

I was looking through You Tube last night for the Sun Alliance Nick Dundee was about to win by 40+l, but couldn't find it. I'm not really used to searching for these things, and maybe it's not there, but if anyone could find it and stick up a link I'd appreciate it.

When I was younger I recorded quite alot of racing off the t.v onto video and I also have some old Racing World video's that have alot of races on them as well. When I saw this thread about a month ago (before I joined) I thought that the races I had would be of interest to some of you. So I've started to put my collection onto YouTube. Virtually all of the races I have are from the 90's although I have got some from 1989 and 2000. I'm going to be adding more to YouTube on a regular basis so there will be more on the way. My collection includes flat racing & national hunt so hopefully there will be something for everyone!

Steve Cauthen & Willie Carson

This is Steve Cauthen & Wille Carson discussing Old Vic & Nashwan.

1989 milers

A look back at the milers of 1989 including Zilzal & Polish Precedent

Warning

A short clip of Warning winning a few big races.

Originally posted by Arazi@Oct 17 2007, 07:31 PM
1989 Prix De La Salamndre - Machiavellian

1989 Prix Morny - Machiavellian

1989 Racing Post Trophy - Be My Chief

1989 Prix Marcel Boussac - Salsabil

These are short clips of a few main two year olds from 1989. Salsabil was the only one that really went on to do anything as a three year old.
Oddly enough, I've just acquired a job lot of old Racing World videos ~ also Racing Review vids of 1987 and 1988 and best of all 1981 with all of Shergar's 3yo runs on. It's excellent stuff.

what a beautifully balanced horse Nashwan was...as straight as a dye in the last 2 furlongs of the Derby

Zafonic..a breathtaking win..forgot just how good that win was

1990 Milers

A look back at the 1990 milers including Distant Relative & Markofdistinction.

Salsabil - An Appraisal Part1
Salsabil - An Appraisal Part 2

A look back at what Salsabil achieved in 1990.

Dayjur - King of the Sprinters Part 1
Dayjur King of the Sprinters Part 2

Has to be one of the greatest sprinters of all time and is the best flat horse I have seen. The Breeder's Cup.... cry

Generous & Suave Dancer Part 1
Generous & Suave Dancer Part 2

These show all the major races that these two fantastic middle distance colts were involved in. Generous' win in the King George is one of the most impressive victories I have seen.

1991 Milers Part 1
1991 Milers Part 2

The 1991 Milers including Second Set, Marju & Selkirk.

1992 Chevely Park - Sayyedati
1991 Prix Robert Papin & Prix Morny - Arazi
1991 Prix de la Salamandre - Arazi
1991 Grand Criterium - Arazi
1992 Prix Morny - Zafonic
1992 Prix de la Salamandre - Zafonic
1992 Dewhurst - Zafonic
1994 - Hyperion Stakes & Racing Post Trophy - Celtic Swing
1994 Dewhurst - Pennekamp
1995 Fillies Mile - Bosra Sham

1991 Mackeson Gold Cup - Another Coral
1991 Hennessy Gold Cup - Chatham
1991 Tingle Creek Chase - Waterloo Boy
1991 Rehearsal Chase - Carvill's Hill
1991 Wincanton - Sabin Du Loir
1991 Breeders Cup Chase - Morley Street
1992 Victor Chandler Handicap Chase - Waterloo Boy
1992 Newbury - Remittance Man
1992 Champion Chase - Remittance Man
1992 Gold Cup - Cool Ground
1992 Stayers Hurdle - Nomadic Way
1992 Sun Alliance Novice Hurdle - Thetford Forest
1992 Sun Alliance Novice Chase - Miinnehoma
1992 Champion Hurdle

The quality of picture on some of the national hunt races is a bit iffy due to them being on very old video's and a few of the races end abrubtly on the line or just before it.

I always enjoy watching Remittance Man win as he is my favourite National Hunt horse. The 1992 Champion Chase was a quality race.

Thanks a lot for those

Dayjur..immense stuff.

He actually jumps twice in the last furlong..first the shadow that gets him beat..then the long shadow right near the line..never realised he jumped twice.

The best sprinter I've seen by some way.

Some great stuff in there, cheers Arazi.

Interesting how easily Pilsudski was holding Bosra Sham.

What a fab thread :clap:
Anyone got Carvills Welsh National and any Make a Stand races?

One of the greatest racemares ever, Dahlia, winning the 1974 Man O'War stakes at Belmont.
Dahlia - 1974 Man O'War

And talking of Man O'War, footage of what I think was his only race recorded on film. The camera angle is crap, you don't see the finish but here it is anyway:

Man O'War

Back