Red Rock Canyon - Will he finally break his duck?!

Aragorn

At the Start
The most famous pacemaker in training is entered in a 7 1/2f maiden at Tipperary tonight at 18.55.

Lets hope he finally breaks his duck!!! :D

I think he is, surely just hit the front and win by 20 length?

Last edited:
The blinkers suggest they will try to make the running with him tonight. Wish they had done the same over a mile last time.

Kingdom Of Munster runs in the opening maiden. Alot to like about him on paper....disappointed if he cannot win this maiden first time of asking.

Last edited:
Kingdom of Munster's opposition doesn't look too hot, so even if not fully wound up he should be too good for them.

I hope Red Rock Canyon wins his maiden, his pacemaking efforts deserve it, but I wouldn't put my house on him doing so.

By the way, was any one else impressed with L'impresario, Jim Bolger's maiden winner on Sunday? I think the first three in that race could all prove to be decent horses.

Easy money, doesn't look such a good horse now maybe we could all try pacemaking in group races for few quid?

Not sure why they decided to ride him like that...he is a tricky customer that seems well suited to making the running.

Not sure why they decided to ride him like that...he is a tricky customer that seems well suited to making the running.

Murtagh looked quite agitated with him before they left the stalls and he was just slowly away and generally quite reluctant I thought.

Given the campaign he has been having, it looks like they are trying to get any win out of him and sell him off as a stallion prospect. Mind you, even without a win to his name with his breeding and placings in Group 1s he should find a spot ala Sholokhov.

I know what you mean but Sholokhov was a better race horse and I always felt a bit hard done by. He's from a wonderfully hardy family . (Soldier of fortune, intense focus and fergus McIver most recently) I would have liked someone to stand him here.

Don't mention SHOLOKHOV! What a bloody waste of such a genuine and sincere animal. I was so p*ssed off every time they suckered him.

RRC declared at Roscommon tomorrow night in a maiden over 1m2f. Distance wise I think this might be more to his liking than the 7f furlong races. Race is at 7.00pm.

To be sure it is just a little race, but I do not agree that he struggled to win it. It's just a race, no big thing, but I can get excited about little things sometimes! :lol: I just wish Black Coffee could have held on for 2nd so my exacta would have worked.

I wonder if they'd had some offer from a stud somewhere who wanted to take him, but needed him to have a win under his belt (maybe some local law, or just a policy of the stud).

Back