Rest of Arc weekend

Hamm

At the Start
(Mods feel free to split this out if you like)

The Opera looks good - Midday, Rainbow View and possibly Sariska. I think it would be the perfect race for Dar re mi but that seems unlikely.

Yeats, if back to Ascot form is a steal at 2/1. Ground will suit but it's very difficult to know how he'll run.

The Abbaye seems to lack strength in depth - does anyone know if Fleeting Spirit lines up? Ground should suit her also.

I've seen very little about who is running in the Jean Luc Lagardere and the Marcel Boussac, save for Dick Turpin in the former and Joanna, the recently purchased Hamdan filly in the latter.

Can anyone see any prices for Sunday, or know of any intended runners?

Yeats, if back to Ascot form is a steal at 2/1. Ground will suit but it's very difficult to know how he'll run.

This isn't Yeats time of year and wasn't he beaten out of sight in it last year. I think Kasbah Bliss ran in it too last year and got beat so it could be a race to focus on others.

Yes, he was beaten in it last year but won the Prix Royal Oak a few weeks later. Incanto Dream is the one I'm most interested in, but the money is often a good guide to Yeats' chances.

Seems the Qatar money has ensured there is an Arabian TB race after the Arc and before the Cadran.

Ah didn't know he won at Longchamp after the Cadran. I thought he didn't like French racing. I'd ignore his run in the Leger on the basis that the ground was all against him and he's fooled us once or twice before when you are writing him off and he comes back. A lot depends I think on his fitness levels as he normally needs a run to get him fit and he got that in the Leger.

Boussac

Kilo Alpha
Rosanara
Zardaba
Joanna
Snow Fairy
Champagnelifestyle
Green Dandy
American Nizzy
Flying Grace
Olvia
Cabaret
Hard Life
On Verra
Baahama

Lagardere

Siyouni
Fencing master
Gypsy Boy
Buzzword
Poets Voice
Beethoven
Lord High Admiral
Dick Turpin
Viscount Nelson
Roi De Vitesse
In Some Respect
Pounced

Thanks - I think Viscount Nelson would be perfect for the Lagardere. He looked still to be learning a little to me in the Champagne, though I imagine he would be quite short if he went across.

Incanto Dream was the best bet of the weekend at 8's - went on Monday but given the opposition and the strength of his prep run it will be the best each-way bet of the weekend :)

Rosanara will be tough to beat in the Marcel Boussac - taking the same route that Zarkava did to win this two years ago.

Baahama will pay for our Kronenbourg's Hamm, and when the double is landed in the Opera with Night Magic showing our three year old fillies up for the moderate bunch they are then it'll be Veuve all weekend!

Baahama will pay for our Kronenbourg's Hamm, and when the double is landed in the Opera with Night Magic showing our three year old fillies up for the moderate bunch they are then it'll be Veuve all weekend!

I'm sold on the beverage aspect, but interested as to why you fancy those two - have you recorded good speed figures for them?

Prix de L'Opera

again
alpine rose
article rare
board meeting
chinese white
crystal capella
eclair de lune
high heeled
lady marian
lahaleeb
midday
night magic
rainbow view
reggane
roman empress
russiana
sariska
shalanaya

I'm a big, big fan of Crystal Capella, and think if kept in training next year, she could be something special. I like her battling qualities in a finish, and think there is a lot more to come. I wonder though will she be ready for a race like the Opera after such a break (even if she were to turn up)?

Prix de L'Abbaye

fleeting spirit
borderlescott
tax free
war artist
stern opinion
total gallery
triple aspect
benbaun
black mambazo
monsieur chevalier
bluster
reverence
strike up the band
piccadilly filly
equiano
sohraab
hoh hoh hoh
atlantic wave
pavershooz
exhibition
another true story
radiohead

-----------

Fleeting Spirit 5/2 favourite.

Last edited:
Abbaye is fully priced up, Strike Up The Band could run a place at 40/1.

The Fabre filly clocked a huge figure last time out and the Boussac should be ideal for her. Nick Mordin reports the German filly to be the fastest three year old filly in training and although I've only looked at it briefly (intend to do more work on it in the coming days) he looks right and I really do not rate the Oaks form at all.

I'm a big, big fan of Crystal Capella, and think if kept in training next year, she could be something special. I like her battling qualities in a finish, and think there is a lot more to come. I wonder though will she be ready for a race like the Opera after such a break (even if she were to turn up)?

She had a racecourse gallop with Conduit at Sandown last week didnt she? She is very likeable indeed. Not sure she is good enough but about bloody time they stepped Again up in trip.

Yes, you're right. What was interesting (but may be obvious to those who know work at Stoute's) is Moore rode Capella, and not Conduit.

Rosanara will be tough to beat in the Marcel Boussac - taking the same route that Zarkava did to win this two years ago.

Rosanara's Uncle, who is the same age, runs for the same owner/trainer combo and recently won a listed event. He is also entered in the Derby (although that may be a bit speculative)...

Rossanara is not taking the same route Zarkava took. The soon to be supplemented Wedding March won the Cascade, Rossanara won some other maiden at Longchamp.

Bousacc

1Kilo Alpha
b f King´s Best (USA)Anasazi (IRE) (Sadler´s Wells (USA))
2Rosanara
gr f Sinndar (IRE)Rosawa (Linamix)
3Joanna
b f High Chaparral (IRE)Secrete Marina (IRE) (Mujadil (USA))
4Green Dandy
b f Green Desert (USA)Hawas (GB) (Mujtahid (USA))
5American Nizzy
b f American Post (GB)Quietude (USA) (Woodman (USA))
6Wedding March
br f Dalakhani (IRE)Elopa (GER) (Tiger Hill (IRE))
7 Olvia
b f Giant´s Causeway (USA)Mill Guineas (USA) (Salse (USA))
8 Cabaret
b f Galileo (IRE)Witch Of Fife (USA) (Lear Fan (USA))
9Hard Life
ch f Peintre Celebre (USA)Golden Fortune (GB) (Forzando (GB))
10On Verra
b f Smart Strike (CAN)Karmifira (Always Fair (USA))
11 Baahama

Lagardere

1 Siyouni
b c Pivotal (GB)Sichilla (IRE) (Danehill (USA))
2Fencing Master
b c Oratorio (IRE)Moonlight Dance (USA) (Alysheba (USA))
3 Lope De Vega
ch c Shamardal (USA)Lady Vettori (GB) (Vettori (IRE))
4 Buzzword
b c Pivotal (GB)Bustling (GB) (Danehill (USA))
5Beethoven
b c Oratorio (IRE)Queen Titi (IRE) (Sadler´s Wells (USA))
6 Dick Turpin
b c Arakan (USA)Merrily (GB) (Sharrood (USA))
7 Roi De Vitesse
ch c Chineur Face The Storm (IRE) (Barathea (IRE))
8 Pounced

L’Opera

1 Alpine Rose
gr f Linamix Fragrant Hill (GB) (Shirley Heights (GB))
2 Lady Marian
b f Nayef (USA)La Felicita (GB) (Shareef Dancer (USA))
3 Chinese White
gr f Dalakhani (IRE)Chiang Mai (IRE) (Sadler´s Wells (USA))
4 Crystal Capella
b f Cape Cross (IRE)Crystal Star (GB) (Mark Of Esteem (IRE))
5 Midday
b f Oasis Dream (GB)Midsummer (GB) (Kingmambo (USA))
6 Shalanaya
ch f Lomitas (GB)Shalamantika (IRE) (Nashwan (USA))
7 Article Rare
gr f El Prado (IRE)Action Francaise (USA) (Nureyev (USA))
8 Board Meeting
b f Anabaa (USA)Bright Moon (USA) (Alysheba (USA))
9 Again 2
b f Danehill Dancer (IRE)Cumbres (Kahyasi (GB))
10Roman Empress
b f Sadler´s Wells (USA)Ionian Sea (GB) (Slip Anchor (GB))
11Eclair De Lune
b f Marchand De Sable (USA)Elegante (GER) (Acatenango (GER))
12Night Magic

Where's Rainbow View? Thought she was going for the Opera. Last minute change to the Sun Chariot?

Wonder if it's related to the Da Re Mi incident.

Back