Rest of Arc weekend

Stan Moore thinks Total Gallery has improved since his last run and although he's s bit young for the Abbaye this year, I'll be backing him for a place too. He's a bull of a horse, not pretty esp in the head, but built like a tank and has a great attitude

David Johnson also flagged him up yesterday, so there were a few of us having a go! I only put the win bet on today, got a decent price 15.5 on the mcahine

Stan always had the Abbaye as the target, as he said in the RP today.
Re the Jersey, I expect Coleman wanted a day out at Ascot! - the yard carpark picnics for Royal Ascot are not to be missed LOL

Last edited:
Still no Prix du Cadran - anyone have RUK and know what's going on there?
No mention on atr... I want to watch Yeats and Askar Tau

Yes just saw that, doh! There was a long (-lunch) gap bewtween the Abbaye and the next race too, very sensible on a big day

The Aga Khan's having a great weekend, 3 winners yesterday and 1 so far today.

It almost tempts me to have a place bet at least on Alandi, but he likes it soft!
C'mon Askar! - but I wish the atr team woudl stop calling him Askar TOO :ninja:

Arggh! Alandi!! and that was so close too.....

What a day for Oxx and Kinane - and the Aga! Sometimes the good guys do win
But sad to see yeats beaten so narrowly, would almost have preferred to see him well beat.
What a great horse he has been

Last edited:
Yeats did just fine, just couldn't cope with Alandi in the straight but gave it a good fight.

How many winners is that for the Aga Khan this weekend?

Passing of the stayers baton I suggest ... great race and all the right horses in the finish.

Eight winners for the Aga I think - four each day.
Poor poor Lemaire, he must be chewing the carpet

Last edited:
SL site reports

Joint-owner John Magnier was quick to pay tribute to Yeats, who has earned a reputation as one of the best stayers in racing history.
He added: "To think he was trained as a two-year-old and then for the Derby at one point, it's incredible.
"He's one of the greatest stayers I can remember - the last one was probably Sagaro.
"We have had great fun with him and this is the beginning of something new.
"I suppose we will just have to find something to replace him."

F & G :lol:

YEATS wasn't at all disappointing. He did good work throughout the race, and he's retiring winning as much for his third today as most owners can only dream of - a charming horse who Johnny Murtagh described as a 'true gentleman'. Happy fields to you, dear soul.

Winner did it well for the Aga. Is Cabaret ok?

Saw that, and was worried for her. Murtagh stopped her soon after the line and seemed to be looking down, but then trotted her slowly back, taking care but she seemed to be fine.

Back