Rest of Arc weekend

Strange one.

Fleeting Spirit looks nailed on for the Abbaye, providing there is not too much rain.

I like the look of Baahama, but Cabaret looks like she could be near the top of the Ballydoyle 2yo fillies.

I fancy Buzzword to turn the form around with Dick Turpin. He wouldn't have won at Goodwood regardless of the interference, but ran on well regardless. His second behind Shakesperian doesn't look too bad now, and he looks like he has the measure of Siyouni.

I had a small e/w interest on Border Patrol in the Foret Last night. 9/1 with PP best odds NRNB seems value to me. Obviously got it all to do against the fav and ideally softer ground than seems likely but progressive horse and strong claims for a place I think.

night magic could be good e/w value in the opera. different class here in germany and beat soberania by much further than she got beat by either dar re mi or stacelita. its a tough race, but she has been targeted for this and might be value.

Lagardere

Siyouni
Lope De Vega
Buzzword
Beethoven
Dick Turpin
Roi De Vitesse
Pounced

Dick Turpin should be hard to beat.

Boussac

Baahama
On Verra
Hard Life
Cabaret
Olvia
Wedding March
American Nizzy
Green Dandy
Joanna
Rosanara
Kilo Alpha

I had a small e/w interest on Border Patrol in the Foret Last night. 9/1 with PP best odds NRNB seems value to me. Obviously got it all to do against the fav and ideally softer ground than seems likely but progressive horse and strong claims for a place I think.

Advice to members is that we should be happy with 3rd or 4th, Charlton not really expecting better than that. His hand a bit forced to run him here as very little for him and he does need a bit of cut to show his best. He will def run so far as the ground is safe - big club contingent going over! I'll have a place bet on BF

Stan Moore thinks Total Gallery has improved since his last run and although he's s bit young for the Abbaye this year, I'll be backing him for a place too. He's a bull of a horse, not pretty esp in the head, but built like a tank and has a great attitude

PS Midday in the l'Opera is aobut the safest bet bar STS, I think - but she will be no price.

Every race now available on Betfair btw, to give some idea of relative prices

Last edited:
Would be surprised if Midday goes off odds on given the quality of the fillies in opposition HS. Would rather be a layer than a backer too :)

I was so obsessed with my lay of Goldikova that i completely forgot about my modest win bet on Varenar at 60 odd to one.

Fleeting Spirit's form is obviously superior to any of her rivals, but a hard race at Haydock and the way things often pan out on the sprint track here are enough to put me off at the likely odds. WOuld far rather back Total Gallery who will be ideally suited by a sharp 5f and has the benefit of a low draw.

Fleeting Spirit's form is obviously superior to any of her rivals, but a hard race at Haydock and the way things often pan out on the sprint track here are enough to put me off at the likely odds. WOuld far rather back Total Gallery who will be ideally suited by a sharp 5f and has the benefit of a low draw.
Same here; Stan was nuts to aim this horse at the Jersey and I'm glad he's belatedly seen sense and realised Total Gallery is an out and out speed merchant. Stall three looks ideal.

Great call Rory-I did notice that Coral were shortest this morning by a clear margin.Unfortunately I didn't back it but getting the favourite beaten was a nice result for me.

Great call Rory-I did notice that Coral were shortest this morning by a clear margin.Unfortunately I didn't back it but getting the favourite beaten was a nice result for me.
Not surprised Coral were short; have talked with TDK about this horse on a number of occasions and he's another who likes the beast.

That will please a few forumites I feel!

You can say that again :lol::lol::lol:

I was on W&P, and apart from my modest win I couldn't be more thrilled for them all - they really graft and deserve every bit of success they get. This is their first G1 but it won't be the last.

Perfect timing for me too as I've got half my 'yard portrait' & Open Day piece in to eclipse and it will go up on the website in the next couple of days

I facny Dick Turpin and Askar Tau later, apart from STS of course
And Chrystal Capella looks nailed on for a place if not better

Why are they running arch hound Beethoven in this-could he be an improver.I have backed him for a place at 6.2

I didn't see where she finished, was watching Frankie and Wedding March who had my pennies on - I expect BBC2 will show all the races again when they start up at 2.05.

Very nice filly indeed, I do admire the Aga's bredding operation enormously and they deserve every success

Why are they running arch hound Beethoven in this-could he be an improver.I have backed him for a place at 6.2

Maybe they don't have many who like 7 flgs? He's dropping back, acc to the RP. You are brave man Luke, there are some very talented types in this! I see the first three coming from Siyouni, Lope and Dick

PS Pounced for the Triumph Hurdle 2011??!! He's huge

Poor ride from Hughes on Dick Turpin
I pray Kinane doesn't get shuffled in and stuck on the rails - the winners mainly seem to be coming down the middle

Last edited:
Back