Rest of Epsom

davidjohnson

At the Start
Haven't got any bets sorted yet. But there might be a few sprinters in need of oxygen at the 1f pole in the Dash.

Looking at the prices for the Diomed both Penitent and Mabait look woefully underpriced. I'm never that keen on backing horses stepping out of handicap company and Alexandros and the Cheka, both proven group performers, look far safer propositions at the prices.

Alexandros has ran well in this race before finishing second to Blythe Knight (Who loved this race) and in my opinion should be favourite so the 4/1 looks a big price considering he only has to give 3lbs to the field and is 5lbs clear on ratings.

Rest of the card looks pretty difficult.

I'd agree with that, it's a leap of faith that Alexandros is near his peak but if he is, he should be about 9/4 on form. 9/2 looks incredibly generous.

I like Mabait and think he can make the step up in class but he's no price to do so because of his connections unfortunately. Penitent is just a joke of a price.

I've backed Fame And Glory. This was his target (early season target at least). This is the horse. Much as I love Sariska she'll need to run a huge race to beat him.

I think South Easter is a big price at 50/1 in the Coronation, that Debussy race at Chester looks very strong and he'll handle the track. I can't see him troubling the front 2 in the market but you could see him bagging 3rd infront of Youmzain or Cavalryman with their reputations.

Agree with the sentiments on Alexandros. I would go even further, and say he should be even shorter. There is always the possiblity 1 of the 2 horses coming out of handicap company could take another leap forward, but the prices indicate they've already done that. If Alexandros runs his race, it will take quite a leap in form by one of those 2 to beat him.

I've backed Fame And Glory.

First 1.01 shot of the day landed so. :D

Haven't really had time to look at the rest of the card in any depth but there looked to be an abundance of pace in the 10 furlong handicap. Might be interesting from a pace angle.

Every year people say the Lincoln winner will be Group class whilst forgetting that the likelihood is he was trained to the minute against badly handicapped rivals at Doncaster. Penitent has it to prove for me.

At current prices can't say anything else on the card excites me at the moment so will sit back and enjoy the action. Good Luck all.

1:40 Harrison George (12s) in the Diomed - took a huge step forward two runs back and confirmed it last time out. Another half furlong might see more improvement.

2:10 Tough race but Deadly Secret (12s) might just have been under-rated by a couple of pounds last time out.

3:25 Thin Red Line (11/2) - I think the handicapper's taking a chance with his Chester win, and there could be more to come.

I think Alexandros has a soft ground G1 in him. If Ascot is like a road like usual though, I'd be concerned.

I thought your post said a soft Group 1 which I would agree with. I don't think he needs it soft, just not like a road.

South Easter is 5 to buy on the spreads with Extrabet and they pay 10 points for fourth place. That is a cracking bet.

Mabait ran pretty well but all credit to Buick and the winner. Dettori definitely got level but Bushman found more... Penitent... Nowhere..

Epsom is not Dettori's best hunting ground, I want to see Willy Carson there on a horse with half a chance,

Back