Nicanor
Parsons Pistol
Rare Bob
Ravens Run
Top Of The Rock
Trafford Lad
Tranquil Sea
Travino

It's hard to know what to make of Travino's last run. I thought he jumped and travelled well, but in the end lost what was a bad race in this context and had a shocking hard comeback which would have to be a worry.

For me, he did just about enough to show that he has retained his ability, and if that is the case he could lead them a merry dance in heavy ground at this distance. Maybe I'd like to see it rather than expect to see it, but he should be a price.

I'd certainly be surprised if Time Electric ran. Really has been a major disappointment this season.

I have a suspicion if he ran he wouldn't be beaten too far, and follow up by being beaten the same distance in a Down Royal maiden.

Will racing go ahead?

4/9 Yes
7/4 No

Will you freeze your balls off?

1/66 Yes
14/1 No

Last edited:
He's entered in the Ballymore and Albert Bartlett at the Festival. His wins have come at 2m 2f, 2m 3f (both Bumpers), 2m 4f (Maiden Hurdle, Graded Hurdle and at 3m (point) with defeats at 2m 4f twice (behind Mikael and in his point debut).

If he goes anywhere at Cheltenham I see it being the Albert Bartlett - it's a weaker race, he won't be coming up against a horse that's already beaten him and as he's a staying chaser in the making anyway the course and trip will be to his liking.

Not sure the Albert Barlett is a weaker race than the Ballymore.

Can't have that, sunybay. The likes of Diamond Harry, Mad Max, a Mullins runner and Karabak make it a good deal stronger than a market headed by Pride of Dulcote, surely?

Can't have it at all myself, sunybay.

Anyway, I reckon Pride of Dulcote looks a relatively weak favourite and is certainly opposable. Bensalem looks the obvious alternative - though he's probably fattered by the form of his last run behind Diamond Harry, that form is solid and confirms the impression that he is a progressive type.

What's your take on the race, suny?

Bensalem much more interesting than Diamond Harry

I was in the paddock, my feeling is DH fully fit, the other something to work and much more scope, will expect him to reverse that form once they meet again.

Cheers for that, suny.

Worth also noting that the moderate gallop the Cheltenham race was run at played to Diamond Harry's advantage.

Hope Bensalem is stepped up in trip for the Albert Bartlett though.

Bensalem much more interesting than Diamond Harry

I was in the paddock, my feeling is DH fully fit, the other something to work and much more scope, will expect him to reverse that form once they meet again.

So was I and I'd be more inclined to call DH overtrained rather than fitter; nothing has more scope than him in the novice hurdling department although the pair were head and shoulders above the opposition on looks. If DH gets beat, he will beat himself imo. Bensalem undeniably underrated I would admit.

Interesting, Rory - particularly given that Nick Williams sounded slightly dissapointed after the race.

I personally think one of the Mullins horses could beat Diamond Harry!

Of which he most likely won't be part of.

Possibly a shade strong there. No decision has been made yet with regards to the weekend.

With regards to Cheltenham, the Ballymore is Pandorama's intended target.

I see Cashmans have priced Pandorama at 3's with a run for this weekend. Absolute joke of a price.

Back