Rest Of Leopardstown

Looks like both Cousin Vinny and Hurricane Fly run on Sunday according to Mullins today.

This is going to be one hell of a betting heat. The formbook says Hurricane Fly but, as ever im Ireland, the pssst whispers tell a different story....

It could turn out to even match the Finnegan's Hollow/Istabraq race. Head to head all the way down the straight and a fierce protracted battle over the last six strides.

It could turn out to even match the Finnegan's Hollow/Istabraq race. Head to head all the way down the straight and a fierce protracted battle over the last six strides.

I remember the jock taking a pull on Finnegans hollow.

Neither horse was subjected to serious pressure in the closing stages and the stewards called an inquiry into Conor O^Dwyer^s riding of Finnegan^s Hollow.O^Brien stated that he had made O^Dwyer aware of the fact the horse had previously burst ablood vessel and that in the past found little when coming off the bridle.O^Dwyer stated that he had given the horse a patient ride, getting upsides the winner at the last where his mount got slightly unbalanced and leaned in towards the winner. O^Dwyer added that he had hit his mount once after the last and then rode him with hands and heels, heading the winner before `emptying^ close home. The stewards decided to take no further action.O^Brien said: "We^ve been very easy on Istabraq at home allalong and we^ll have to get serious with him now to sharpen him up."Finnegan^s Hollow hated the ground when I^m Supposin beat him at Naas last time. Whatever he does over hurdles, he is going to be some chaser

I remember the jock taking a pull on Finnegans hollow.

About as bad as you'll ever see,Conor O' Dodgy never moved a muscle,made a mockery of so called stewards/rules of racing.

Btw,not sure it's a great idea if you have Festival aspirations ,to run your horse on the forecast ground on Sunday so close to March.

Last edited:
Btw,not sure it's a great idea if you have Festival aspirations ,to run your horse on the forecast ground on Sunday so close to March.

I think it's interesting that Exotic Dancer doesn't run; his connections intend having a real cut at the Gold Cup, it seems.

Maybe, but plenty of horses have gone to Cheltenham and done well without a run since Christmas. There was a time in the 70s and early 80s when British racing correspondents attributed the Irish successes at the Festival to the tendency of Irish trainers to hold onto their horses until the big day.

Bah, when York was cancelled and re-arranged it didn't stop Jim Bolger running New Approach despite his real target of Leopardstown coming so soon after. These soft jumpers, eh, I tell ya...

Bah, when York was cancelled and re-arranged it didn't stop Jim Bolger running New Approach despite his real target of Leopardstown coming so soon after. These soft jumpers, eh, I tell ya...

Im still a bit apprenhensive about what Bolger is running in this years Gold Cup.

Funny you should mention that, as I was looking at all my New Approach photos again last night; I was struck again (as I was on the day) how very 'light' NA looked that day of the Juddmonte esp in comparison to DOM. He looked a hatrack, and his backside was quite slack. I knew the moment I saw him he couldn't win that day and didn't back - he loked quite different on Champions' Day :D

Be interesting to see what runs in the bumper on Sunday. Plenty of chat about the unraced Mullins horse Glenlo Abbey thats entered up. Mullins also has the rather interestingly named gelding Paddy The Amateur entered up.

Of course youl hear the rumours that Mullins has some better at home etc etc, but he has even said this himself at Leopardstown Irish Champion day, he has got some very nice ones still to come out, and this could well be one of them.

Have also heard that John Kiely has another nice one at home, he has got some good young horses this year.

Be interesting to see what runs in the bumper on Sunday. Plenty of chat about the unraced Mullins horse Glenlo Abbey thats entered up. Mullins also has the rather interestingly named gelding Paddy The Amateur entered up.

1/66 which one he runs.

Last edited:
Think it could be an interesting weekend for bumpers so, tomorrow sees Willie Mullins introduce Glenlo Abbey to the racecourse. I have heard that this one is one of the better ones, and he does introduce a nice horse at Gowran around this time of the year. Sundays bumper at Leop looks hot too. If backable, il be getting stuck into Glenlo tomorrow.

Back