Retirements & Departures 2012

Hearing from M&M (mountain and moorland, not the chocolates!) showing friends that Jack Bowlby has died.

No details, guess they will come out as the family see fit - but he was only 15 - no age at all. :(

In fairness Trudi, I don't think details are important. What is important though is that a lovely, talented & very much loved young man is no longer with us. I hope his family are left alone to grieve.

"In fairness" the reason I said i didnt know details was because I had not long been told, by a very upset friend, who didnt realise that there would be more than one reason I would know him.It was a bad choice of phrase I suppose, but there we go,cant be perfect all the time.
I even wondered about wether to put it up on here,but he is from such a well known and respected family, that I thought he deserved a mention and an RIP

I completely agree - hopefully the whole family will be allowed to grieve in private and things will happen elsewhere as they should.

Last edited:
Willie Mullins loses another potentially good one in a schooling accident...Ut de Sivola put down while working on The Curragh.

George An Ri PTS after breaking down in the bumper at Wincanton today. Looked awful - commiserations to all involved. Took a non-racing friend today who is v. knowledgeable about eventing etc. but has never been into racing - trying to convert her and really didn't want her to see that.

Back