Retirements & Departures 2012

AccordingtoEileen from Fergal O'Brien's yard. Not a superstar by any means and probably not heard of by many on here, but a sweet heart who has had enough of racing and is going home safe and sound.
I remember her dam, Hannigan's Lodger, finishing a respectable third to Best Mate in the Scilly Isles.

Sorry to hear that Flame. I take it its too soon to know if he'll be able to have any sort of active retirement?

Richard Lee, on ATR today, reported that last year's Welsh National winner Le Beau Bai injured himself on the gallops this morning. Didn't know how bad it was but his wife, who was riding the horse, reported hearing a "crack" behind. Horse ambulance needed to get horse back to the stables. Let's hope that it is not as serious as it sounds.

The Tim Vaughan trained chaser Aland Island was killed at Wetherby.
I believe it was Little Hercules who was killed in the Wetherby race, but sad either way.

Edit: seems that although Aland Islands was quickly on his feet and apparently sound, the consensus is that he didn't survive. Little Hercules definitely a casualty.

Last edited:
Aland Islands death confirmed on Tim Vaughan's website as a result of his fall- no cause of death stated .

Back