Rhys Jones murderer sentenced

Quite depressing that I had to look up to be sure who Rhys Jones is, seems to be so many desperate cases in the last couple of years.

From the kicking or just generally rehabilitation?

Sean Mercer will be 48 when he gets out (not checked how long before any chance of parole) and probably have some kind of ID change ala Robert Thompson and John Venables.

Yeah. Lets give him a nice cushy sentence and lots of nice little courses to play around on for the next three years before allowing him back out again to rejoin his gang

Im against capital punishment but I think there are plenty that would consider his rehabilitation would be best served feeding the worms.

Such a depressing story. This is a poem I saw recently about Rhys btw, written by a member of another forum I'm on last summer:

ELEVEN FOREVER

I think we all had a tear in our eye
When we heard of the tragic death of this young boy
Rhys Jones unlike any other
Could have been anyone's nephew boy or brother
Struck down playing the ball which he loved best
Trying to be better than all the rest
Dreaming of leading Everton to the promised land unseen
At wembley for abide with me in front of the queen
Hearing the adulation the shouts of the crowd
Making his parents and family all so proud
On a bicycle cycling majestically by
Like the vapour trail over a summer clear blue sky
But our tears will dry and vanish without trace
Knowing you have gone to a better place
Swimming in a pool with the worlds sons and daughers
Where joy is complete in heavenly waters
Eternal happiness is beautifully unfurled
Through the knowledge of those from this world
Masterclasses with the greats and Alan Ball
No cuts or grazes whenever you fall
Be our comfort and allay our fears
Watch over us down through the years
Our pride and joy so wonderfully clever
In our hearts and minds eleven forever
Do not be afraid to cross those golden fields with eyes bright and wide
For a warm welcome awaits you on the other side

I went to junior school with Rhys's dad, and later played in a footy team with him for a couple of years. A nicer, more quiet man you could never wish to meet. I was told yesterday that Mercer's great grandad was hanged for murder ( not bothered looking it up ), but his dad is known to be a bit of a gangster. Such nice genes.

I went to junior school with Rhys's dad, and later played in a footy team with him for a couple of years. A nicer, more quiet man you could never wish to meet. I was told yesterday that Mercer's great grandad was hanged for murder ( not bothered looking it up ), but his dad is known to be a bit of a gangster. Such nice genes.

His great great Grandfather who was a WW1 Vet killed his wife. If you go back far enough everyone has skeletons. Post traumatic stress disorder had not been diagnosed at the time and many think it explains the Black and Tan brutality. I don't know anything about his family but probably best not to tar them all with the same brush....for the moment anyway.

should be kicked out of country, but not to Queensland as that's where the Bulger killers are rumoured to be

Back