RIP redhead

Krizon sends her love to an capall and that she hopes he has not lost his acerbic wit.

Last edited:
Just returned from the funeral, heard a lot about redhead. She wanted to have a career in astronomy but was dissuaded by teachers as it was regarded as a men only occupation at that time so became a stable lass for a while but wages barely met accommodation costs let alone anything else so she went to work for Ladbrokes for a couple of years whilst studying with the Open University where she gained a degree with honours. She then took a career change and became a secretary to a consultant surgeon in the Orthopaedic dept at Cheltenham General Hospital where she became a colleague of my other half. After seven years she left to work from home working for various other professionals in health care.

I know she did her own ratings and really took racing seriously and would I imagine have been a succesful punter. Unfortunately she was diagnosed as terminally ill as recently as September and mostly remained in hospital although she was able to celebrate her last Christmas at home with her family for a few days before moving into the Sue Ryder hospice. At the close of the funeral we were left to concentrate on our memories of Denise and said our goodbyes with her favourite song Forever Autumn by Justin Hayward playing us out.

I have told her sister about this forum and written down the URL for her so that the family may gain a bit more consolation from reading your tributes above for which she was very grateful.

Back