Road to Punting Success 2011

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
We giving this project another go today in the 2.50 Southwell? Race looks much worse than lto and basement mark of 45. Effort this day best ignored with Nanna Hansen looking like a Swedish grandma at the start. Cathy Gannon back on today and at least Beseech has yet to confirm fully she's next to useless. Something most of her rivals have already done. I mean come on, Yossi is favourite!

There's a 2m race at the end of March back at Southwll 45-60 that looks the race to target. Possibly go up to a mile and three quarters at Wolverhampton in early March prior to that would be my thinking. Certainly a little tryer the way she stuck on there.

Beseech running over 1m 6f back at Southwell in a claimer tomorrow, any thoughts?

Not well in at the weights, maybe a trial step up in distance with the 2m race you mention, in mind? A bit of a dreadful race, a virtual match at the weights between La Estrella & Hindu Kush, but I haven't taken La Estrella even with 3 recent wins on the board, comes from off the pace and seems to find it a struggle before getting on top close home. If the race pans out with Hindu Kudh forcing the pace, Joe Fanning might just get La Estrella working at it someway from home and grind it out from the front.

Wtaching brief with Beseech for me today. Just hope she doesn't ruin her mark with that race in mind. Would imagine La Estrella will win again. Really don't like Hindu Kush, he throws in the towel far too easily these days and may not go on the surface either.

You may be right about La Estrella, maybe I haven't taken to LE as never wins far for the distances!

Did you have any thoughts on Lucky Mellor today? Blinkers off still.

Last edited:
Not sure he needs blinkers. Travelled well enough without them at Wolves. Draw slight concern, would hope Kirby can shift him off the rail pretty quickly. 5f here is ideal so will play on him today.

I'm certain he'd have been placed and gone very close to winning last time from a better draw, 10/1 today all gone.

Are Stan James the only shower of mincers who operate two books - one price always larger on-line - which they refuse to lay you and when you walk in to their shops with cash the prices is invariably two points less!! What a crock of oul shite!!!:thumbsdown:

Back