Road to the 2014 Cheltenham Gold Cup

Bobs Worth is a better horse on better ground and looks top class for me
but Sir Des champs will be much better suited by good ground and given a better ride.

Yes. He was outpaced at one point and I think if that happens again he'd find it harder to claw his way back in it on good ground. 8/1 about SDC is a lot more attractive at this point than 7/2 about the champ.
I still think Al Ferof will be top class.

Last edited:
Bobs Worth is a better horse on better ground and looks top class for me
but Sir Des champs will be much better suited by good ground and given a better ride.

Please don't tell me you thought he was given a bad ride?

yes
bad ride
too agressive

the horse has pace to win a jewson in good ground, why make so much use of him in a Gold Cup on soft ground conditions?
bad ride

by the way

I can not see Long Run winning a Gold Cup in coming seasom

surprised no one mentioning what would have done Tidal Bay on these conditions

yes
bad ride
too agressive

the horse has pace to win a jewson in good ground, why make so much use of him in a Gold Cup on soft ground conditions?
bad ride

Goodness me :confused:- 1 . The horse was not travelling and needed to be niggled along - a perfectly good ride 2. The horse seemed to jump much better to my eyes

Great scenes at Churchtown today as Lord Windermere was led around the Nijinsky statue in the middle of the village.
For us "Home of NH racing" North Cork fans the road to Gold Cup 2014 begins here.
LW may not be good enough but he sets out with high hopes locally.
Cottage Rake the last GC winner to stand at the crossroads in 1950.
1951 Champion hurdler Hattons Grace set out from Churchtown but was returned to Ballydoyle by Jimmy Gordon,, who was present today. Plus ca change we hope!

Back