Road to the 2014 Cheltenham Gold Cup

Gutted for Cue Card - he's a real favourite of mine, hope he can come back from whatever the problem is.

doesn't sound like a big issue really. lets hope he's fit and well for the melling chase at aintree.

Harry Topper is a very sketchy jumper on an undulating track too, just look at his run on trials day. If he couldn't win then on heavy ground I'd have thought his chances in the big one were slim to say the least.

Harry Topper is a very sketchy jumper on an undulating track too, just look at his run on trials day. If he couldn't win then on heavy ground I'd have thought his chances in the big one were slim to say the least.

To be fair he was giving Bolster 10lbs and Rocky 5.
But yes doesn't jump anywhere near well enough.

Couldn't be having Harry Topper is jumping is poor and lacks pace. Sir Des Champs and Cue Card are big losses to the race as it really lacks dept. If any of last years novices get near a place I'd be shocked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Topper fits the profile of a strong-staying outer who could run into a place at a big price.

The only chance of a shock result, is if BW and SC both hit the deck. Bobs Worth is the nap of the meeting, imo.

Last edited:
Harry Topper fits the profile of a strong-staying outer who could run into a place at a big price.

The only chance of a shock result, is if BW and SC both hit the deck. Bobs Worth is the nap of the meeting, imo.

I backed SC some time ago and am sitting with plenty of value but I can't split them. I predict a war up the home straight between these two.

Agree HT could run into a place.

SC backers must be confident of doing BW with no one of any class making the running.I bet NJH is gutted Cue Card is out

Back