Road to the Champion Hurdle 19/20

In an open race and the books paying 4 places will chance Coeur Sublime each way at 16's

Has Festival form and wind has been done

I'm with Epatante to win and small ew on Silver Streak as they both fit my trends and Epatante is top of my ratings anyway.
Pentland Hills ran in the Haydock Champion Hurdle Trial Stakes and in about the last 20 years when a horse has ran in the Haydock Champion Hurdle Trial Stakes and then gone on to the Champion, 26 have tried and all have failed. But it's just behind Epatante in my ratings so a small just over evens safety bet.
Call Me Lord was an almost but decided against it so far but if a big price might go for a just over evens bet.

I keep thinking about what Tony Mullins said at that preview ie Henderson will win it; but not with the horse everyone expects to win. So I've backed all of his 'also rans'. Supasundae would be my best ante post bet, though.

Fair play to Epatante. She won well and to me it doesn’t look a bad race. Sharjah back to form and my lovely Petit Mouchoir holding his head up high! :D

No arguing with the result or performance.

I imagine something must have gone wrong with Cornerstone Lad. He should have been at least around where Silver Streak was.

Good winner of a poor race.

Epatante was mighty impressive - the way she cantered into fourth at the top of the hill was Boosteresque ! Darver Star ,Sharjah and Petit Mouchoir all giving a boost to Honeysuckle’s form.

Happy with the Epatante to win, Silver Streak wasn't far off the places but not quite.
The Haydock Champion Hurdle Trial Stakes negative trend holds true re Pentland Hills.

I think 5yos usually struggle in their second season unless they are exceptional.

I remarked that Cornerstone Lad was walking a bit “off” during the parade.

She is a tiny little thing.

Don't remember Geraghty being that exuberant before

Best horse win the race today. Her legacy may not be long lasting but she was the best of a bad bunch.

Back