Road To The Champion Hurdle

Guest_

At the Start
It annoyed my typing the title of this thread!

But anyway it works well keeping all the build up the big races together. Ladbrokes betting for the Champion below. I would love to see Hurricane Fly at least get to Cheltenham this year healthy and well.

Binocular 3/1
Hurricane Fly 5/1
Get Me Out Of Here 10/1
Khyber Kim 10/1
Dunguib 14/1
Solwhit 14/1
Menorah 16/1
Soldatino 16/1
Go Native 20/1
Overturn 20/1
General Miller 25/1
Barizan 25/1

Dunguib - What is the lowest quote for the Champion he will get this year? It must be a negative that he will not run before Christmas. At the prices it would have to be Khyber Kim for me. I love the way he travels through his races.

What has Dunguib done to get a quote of 14s, on par with an Irish Champion Hurdle winner (who admittedly wants 2m4f on good ground)!! He's vulnerable on quicker ground and unless they reconsider their position re the pilot, I cannot see him winning come March. He may well win some of the Grade 1s in Ireland on soft ground but that depends on whether Solwhit and Hurricane Fly show up, both of whom have achieved more than Dunguib.

Overall, I'd be happy to side with any of the top four. Another competitive year.

What has Dunguib done to get a quote of 14s, on par with an Irish Champion Hurdle winner (who admittedly wants 2m4f on good ground)!! He's vulnerable on quicker ground and unless they reconsider their position re the pilot, I cannot see him winning come March. He may well win some of the Grade 1s in Ireland on soft ground but that depends on whether Solwhit and Hurricane Fly show up, both of whom have achieved more than Dunguib.

Overall, I'd be happy to side with any of the top four. Another competitive year.

Agree - he was shown up as not good enough last season.

Lets hope there is another Dunguib who people pile into this season!

I think he will make the market in at least the first race he is in this season.

Rather fancy Menorah myself at 16`s although we could get better. Handled Chelt very well last March. Nice to see Get Me Out Of Here so well fancied, My Ballyvesey ( now novice chasing ) was close to him in his bumper

Gal - the title's catching. Tonight we in the UK (on the BBC) are blessed with "The Road to Coronation Street" ffs!

I think he will make the market in at least the first race he is in this season.

I'd be the other way Hamm. I think he has a far better chance of winning an Irish Champion Hurdle than at Cheltenham. Ground is invariably softer and they go slower as a result. Both of which will suit him better. So he could do ok in Ireland and go there a shorter price!! But they need to change their pilot. We learned that....eventually!!

I agree with you, but what I'm saying is he will still be too short and is still not good enough to beat Hurricane Fly, Solwhit or Go Native, even though Ireland will suit him better. I'd love to see a price on him not winning a race next season.

Did they ever actually find what was wrong with Binocular pre Cheltenham?

Yes, but we will never find out. I work with a lad whose brother in law worked on Binocular when he was in Ireland and I've been trying to get something out of him. But the lad has no interest in horseracing so other than asking him to get the low down from the vet, it's a slow and painful process but one I intend to find out. It was nothing short of miraculous that they found the multiple problems, which I've gathered so far, and kept him fit.

There is a nice little 4yo hurdle at Cheltenham on Saturday.

Barizan, Orsipus and Carlito Brigante are all entered. However, more interesting still are the entries of Mille Chief and Royal Mix, who both had very good form before being ruled out of the Triumph.

Back