Road To The Champion Hurdle

Peddlers Cross going to the Fighting Fifth

You'd have thought he was a World Hurdle horse and wouldn't have the speed for a Champion, no? Also, same connections will most likely aim Overturn at the Champion, so why aim both their big horses for the same race when they could have hopefuls in both? (I don't think Overturn is CH class though).

You'd have thought he was a World Hurdle horse and wouldn't have the speed for a Champion, no? Also, same connections will most likely aim Overturn at the Champion, so why aim both their big horses for the same race when they could have hopefuls in both? (I don't think Overturn is CH class though).

From ATR

OVERTURN
6yo bay gelding; Barathea — Kristal Bridge
“Won the Northumberland Plate but he’s not a bad hurdler having won five times and is now rated 159 after winning at Galway. The only disappointment was when he was second in the Swinton Hurdle and probably should have won. He’s done really well but I can’t have it that he’s 8lb better than Peddlers Cross — which is what the handicapper thinks. It would seem that better ground suits his style of racing but he has won on slightly softer. He’s had a very good break, is still away and wouldn’t be running till possibly the New Year.”

PEDDLERS CROSS
5yo bay gelding; Oscar — Patscilla
“He’s scarily good and has a different gear to anything we’ve dealt with. Although he’s won his two best novices over two and a half miles, on what he does at home I can’t get my head around him wanting three miles. We still believe that he’d have won the two mile supreme novices at Cheltenham if he’d gone for that instead. Before Cheltenham we sent him with three fairly useful horses to work on the Flat at Bangor. It was only really to get him settled but they were going a fair old rattle in the gallop and Jason was quite a way back. But he quickened so well that it reminded me of one of the gallops I used to see at Newmarket when I was with Luca Cumani. That’s how good he is. He’ll go to Newcastle for the Fighting Fifth and that will give us some idea what we’re going to do. It might be an issue settling him over three miles because he is a bigger, stronger horse this season.”

I would be wary of stunning performances this time of year - impossible to know how fit etc certain horses are in relation to others e.g Celestial Halo from last year!

Hurricane Fly due out at Punchestown, any word on when or where Binocular will run?

I would be wary of stunning performances this time of year - impossible to know how fit etc certain horses are in relation to others e.g Celestial Halo from last year!

Hurricane Run due out at Punchestown, any word on when or where Binocular will run?

You keep confusing your flies with your runs !

Really do hope we get to see Hurricane Fly and Binocular clash with both at the peak of their powers. It would be some sight to see the pair of them hard on the steel two out as is their style.

Greatwood Hurdle

Sanctuaire 5/1
Menorah 13/2
Number_%C2%A0.gif

General Miller 7/1
Number_%C2%A0.gif

Oscar Whisky 12/1
Number_%C2%A0.gif

Notus De La Tour 12/1
Manyriverstocross 16/1
Any Given Day 20/1
Fiulin 20/1
Mille Chief 20/1
Sure Josie Sure 20/1
Tito Bustillo 22/1
For Non Stop 25/1
Fosters Cross 25/1
Nearby 25/1
Number_%C2%A0.gif

Ashkazar 33/1
Number_%C2%A0.gif

Astracad 33/1
Number_%C2%A0.gif

Black Jack Blues 33/1
Number_%C2%A0.gif

Bothy 33/1
Number_%C2%A0.gif

Bar 33/1

Australia Day, Ashkazar, Barizan and American Trilogy run in an interesting race at Wincanton tomorrow.

Lots of bubbles properly burst but a suicidal pace . The 7lb claimer on the winner Nearly was fortunate not to come down at the last .

Suspect there may be a little more to it than that. Not saying it's anything serious but odds for the Champion Hurdle have flicked out a couple of times in recent weeks on BF amidst the odd rumour.

Fighting Fifth

11-8 Binocular, 3 Hurricane Fly, 9-2 Peddlers Cross, Menorah, 6 Starluck, 8 Clerk's Choice, 10 Sanctuaire, Get Me Out Of Here, Ashkazar, Nearby, Sublimity, 12-1 Donnas Palm, 33-1 Orsippus,

Last edited:
Back