Road To The Champion Hurdle

I dont see why crab the form with thousand stars, in fact the form is not bad at all and Thousand Stars didnt even run to his best yesterday.

what is clear is this is not a Istabraq or Rooster level.

Any sign of Sheikh or his friend?:blink:

Luckily for me I've been in Hurricanes camp for a long long time, it's on here somewhere.

Spoke to said friend on the phone just before the race said he had to go he was too nervous to talk. Hopefully he took some place bets like I asked him to but he gets tunnel vision sometimes. He couldn't see past Pedlars at all. He wasn't far wrong. Not a huge ratings buff but I reckon Hurricane ran to the same mark Binoc did last year but in a head to head Hurricanes extra bit of toe would have got him in front on the run in. Time will tell..... hopefully. Might sound strange aftet that run but I don't think Pedlars is a natural hurdler and will be a superstar over fences.

Luckily for me I've been in Hurricanes camp for a long long time, it's on here somewhere.

Spoke to said friend on the phone just before the race said he had to go he was too nervous to talk. Hopefully he took some place bets like I asked him to but he gets tunnel vision sometimes. He couldn't see past Pedlars at all. He wasn't far wrong. Not a huge ratings buff but I reckon Hurricane ran to the same mark Binoc did last year but in a head to head Hurricanes extra bit of toe would have got him in front on the run in. Time will tell..... hopefully. Might sound strange aftet that run but I don't think Pedlars is a natural hurdler and will be a superstar over fences.

Well done Sheikh, knew you were in HF camp - your post re your friend hit home and saved on HF and Peddlers ew and place - so thank you for that - I haven't lost the faith, he will be special over fences no doubt!

Great race won by a brilliant horse - now won graded hurdles in Ireland, England and France on ground from good to heavy as well as beating an Arlington Million winner and a Champion Stakes winner on the flat.

:)

Rated through Oscars Whisky who I had at 163+ going into the race - Thousand Stars 160 on good ground and Menorah who I had at 159+ going into the race.

Binocular 171+ still had a little more to give
Peddlers Cross 169+ hurdled the best of the field imo (binocularish)
Oscar Whisky 164 needs further
Thousand Stars 162 ----- Solwhit 164(rated through T.S.)
Menorah 161 (+ with cut in the ground and still improving)
Clerks Choice 159 (+ with firm in the ground and sill improving)

Love it.

Obviously well chuffed that Hurricane Fly won (for a number of reasons), but I'd have the performance pegged at around 167 - the proximity of Oscar Whisky holding the form down just a touch, imo.

Hamm, you are in denial about Solwhit - not that I ever expected you to revise your "conclusive analysis" in light of Tuesday's events. :cool:

The question of Binocular vs. H. Fly is a non contest really.

The form of Fly's win is far superior, and all known evidence would point to Willie's horse having the beating of Binocular. I just hope Fly gets back there next year in as good a shape.

The question of Binocular vs. H. Fly is a non contest really.

The form of Fly's win is far superior, and all known evidence would point to Willie's horse having the beating of Binocular. I just hope Fly gets back there next year in as good a shape.

Sorry this is simply assertion . Where is this evidence ?

Khyber Kim and Zaynar are clearly in serious decline and Celestial Halo is only just recapturing his form after his novice chasing disaster. Starluck was far close to PC than he was Binocular at kempton or Cheltenham last year.

I agree with Ardross on this one. Hurricane Fly may well be better than Binocular. I would say on balance that he probably is. But I wouldn't want to be taking any shorter than 4/6 in a match bet around Cheltenham, and very few people would, I would imagine. So not a non contest. In fact I would say that it is a contest that would get people as excited about 2m hurdling as they have been since the Brave Inca, Macs Joy, Harchibald and Hardy Eustace days.

Indeed , I was disappointed to read that Binocular was more likely to go to Aintree albeit a Peddlers , Binocular and Quevega battle would be some race . I should much rather he goes and meets HF on his own patch .

It's a pity that Celestial Halo is running in the Aintree 2m4f race. As if he wasn't, we might have seen Big Buck's. Like you say, Peddler's, Binocular and Quevega will be good. It would be lovely to see Solwhit in there for the laugh, too.

They might aim Binocular at Aintree and Punchestown, I would have thought. Menorah and Hurricane Fly are aiming for it. The hurdles division is not over yet!

Obviously well chuffed that Hurricane Fly won (for a number of reasons), but I'd have the performance pegged at around 167 - the proximity of Oscar Whisky holding the form down just a touch, imo.

Hamm, you are in denial about Solwhit - not that I ever expected you to revise your "conclusive analysis" in light of Tuesday's events. :cool:

Look, I said well done and was gracious enough to say I was wrong about HF. Surely that is enough for you.

I wasn't having a pop, Hamm, hence the :cool:. I just think you're in denial about Solwhit, that's all. :cool:

Anyway, we move on.

Shame Hurricane Fly isn't going to the Aintree Hurdle. I think he'd finish a country mile in front of Binocular, but he might have a job on to beat Peddlars and the mare in receipt of a chunk of weight.

Back