321-122 AUPCHARLIE (IRE) 7 Ann & Alan Potts Partnership Willie Mullins IRE
10/-2111 BACK IN FOCUS (IRE) 8 Andrea & Graham Wylie Willie Mullins IRE
1/1112-11 BOSTON BOB (IRE) 8 Andrea & Graham Wylie Willie Mullins IRE
0/F4-121 CHARTREUX (FR) 8 Roger Brookhouse Tom George
311-1264 DEDIGOUT (IRE) 7 Gigginstown House Stud Tony Martin IRE
420-111 DYNASTE (FR) 7 John White David Pipe
2/-2141141 FOURJACKS 8 Trevor Hemmings Tim Easterby
1-11 GOULANES (IRE) 7 Roger Brookhouse David Pipe
1F-1F22 HADRIAN'S APPROACH (IRE) 6 Richard & Lizzie Kelvin Hughes Nicky Henderson
46-114232 HOUBLON DES OBEAUX (FR) 6 Mrs Julian Blackwell Venetia Williams
410-22123 LORD WINDERMERE (IRE) 7 Dr Ronan Lambe Jim Culloty IRE
133-12F4 LYREEN LEGEND (IRE) 6 Lyreen Syndicate Dessie Hughes IRE
2121-22 MARASONNIEN (FR) 7 Susannah Ricci Willie Mullins IRE
22/52-113 MARITO (GER) 7 Susannah Ricci Willie Mullins IRE
5-021F1 MIKAEL D'HAGUENET (FR) 9 Susannah Ricci Willie Mullins IRE
2/10P-124 OUR FATHER (IRE) 7 The Ives & Johnson Families David Pipe
1/114-11P REAL MILAN (IRE) 8 Diana Whateley Donald McCain
F1/F2-33 REALT MOR (IRE) 8 Mrs Pat Sloan Gordon Elliott IRE
210-2111 ROCKY CREEK (IRE) 7 The Johnson & Stewart Families Paul Nicholls
01-23413 SAME DIFFERENCE (IRE) 7 Mrs R Vaughan Nigel Twiston-Davies
3F/P-112 SIRE COLLONGES (FR) 7 Angela Tincknell & Bill Tincknell Paul Nicholls
F12-2212 SUPER DUTY (IRE) 7 Brannon, Dick, Hernon & Holden Donald McCain
134-1211 TERMINAL (FR) 6 Favourites Racing Willie Mullins IRE
53-32P2P1 THEATRICAL STAR 7 Brocade Racing Colin Tizzard
1-121412 TOFINO BAY (IRE) 10 Gigginstown House Stud Dessie Hughes IRE
620-5452 TONER D'OUDAIRIES (FR) 6 Gigginstown House Stud Gordon Elliott IRE
6-1F01F13 TOUR DES CHAMPS (FR) 6 Raymond Mould Nigel Twiston-Davies
65-11311 UNIONISTE (FR) 5 John Hales Paul Nicholls
13P-2212 VINTAGE STAR (IRE) 7 Trevor Hemmings Sue Smith
221-23 YOU MUST KNOW ME (IRE) 7 Alan & Ann Potts Partnership Henry de Bromhead IRE

31 entries remain after February 19 scratchings deadline
15 Irish-trained

THE FOLLOWING 18 HORSES HAVE BEEN SCRATCHED: AVOCA PROMISE (IRE), BRASS TAX (IRE), CANTLOW (IRE), FILL THE POWER (IRE), GULLINBURSTI (IRE), HANDY ANDY (IRE), HIGHLAND LODGE (IRE), KLEPHT (IRE), MOUNT BENBULBEN (IRE), MOUNTAINOUS (IRE), MY MURPHY (IRE), RESTLESS HARRY, SPRING HEELED (IRE), TEXAS JACK (IRE), THIRD INTENTION (IRE), TURBAN (FR), VESPER BELL (IRE), YUROK (IRE)

Dynaste 2/1
Boston Bob 6/1
Rocky Creek 10/1
Unioniste 10/1
Back In Focus 11/1
Hadrians Approach 12/1
Aupcharlie 16/1
Lord Windermere 20/1
Argocat 25/1
Goulanes 25/1
Houblon Des Obeaux 25/1
Lyreen Legendn25/1
Mikael D'Haguenet 25/1
Sire Collonges 25/1
Super Duty 25/1
Dedigout 33/1
Fourjacks 33/1
Marito 33/1
Terminal 33/1
Tofino Bay 33/1
You Must Know Me33/1
Marasonnien 40/1
Real Milan 40/1
Same Difference 40/1
Tour Des Champs40/1
Chartreux 50/1
Our Father 50/1
Theatrical Star 50/1
Realt Mor 66/1
Toner D'Oudairies66/1
Vintage Star 66/1

Dynaste has all the stats to break but whichever way I look at it his form his head and shoulders above everything in else in a poor year for me.Best Price 9/4 at the moment,anyone hazard a guess to which way the books will go.He surely has to be bigger on the day with so many against him re. Stats.3's?

Ive already baked Dynaste but at 2s now he is surely too low. Unioniste at 10s looks the value in the field now. (Esp if its true that Ruby is taking that ride)

Agree! Terribly competitive and tough race to win. I was looking through the entries for an Irish horse and was shocked to see Willie Mullins has entered Mikael D'Haguenet. Really wish he'd stop running him over fences he an old fav and I worry for his safety.

Dynaste could win the race but no way would I take 2/1. I'd want that price for a novice to get round let alone win

Ruby riding unioniste probably shows the Mullins novices up for what they are.Couldnt have Boston Bob,whoever wins it will be in winners enclosure by the time he's at the 3rd last.

Back In Focus the best horse in the race IMO - sadly he needs bottomless ground so unlikely to perform at Cheltenham.

I'm not usually a follower of stats but the RSA is an exception since I compiled my own stats when Lord Noelie won in 2000. Since then following the stats has done quite well. This year I had 9 qualifiers as follows :
Boston Bob
Chartreux
Goulanes
Hadrian´s Approach
Houblon Des Obeaux
Super Duty
Terminal
Tofino Bay
Unioniste

Using some further criteria it left:
Goulanes
Super Duty
Unioniste

As Goulanes probably goes for 4 miler that left Super Duty and Unioniste.
After that, well I just don't fancy Unioniste so that leaves Super Duty
Progressive, already a winner at Cheltenham, ideal age for the race, tough and expected to be better on better ground (all his chases have been on soft or heavy). Donald McCain is apparently seriously considering the Kim Muir and he is as low as 12/1 for the JLT chase - therefore I took 25/1 ew NRNB a couple of days ago which has now gone.
I will probably have a little bit on Unioniste just so I don't feel sick if he wins.

I don't reckon Unioniste will confirm Newbury form with Hadrian's Approach in the RSA. Henderson's horse might have his quirks, but he's not light on talent and is the more interesting of the outsiders, imo.

This looks a shocking renewal compounded by the likes of Rocky Creek seemingly running scared. Despite the statistics if he goes here Dynaste will surely go off shorter than 9/4. Unioniste looked pretty slow at Newbury and Same Difference didn't do a great deal for the form at the weekend. If like me you have backed him got to hope Walsh didn't make anything like enough use of him.

I'm not usually a follower of stats but the RSA is an exception since I compiled my own stats when Lord Noelie won in 2000. Since then following the stats has done quite well. This year I had 9 qualifiers as follows :
Boston Bob
Chartreux
Goulanes
Hadrian´s Approach
Houblon Des Obeaux
Super Duty
Terminal
Tofino Bay
Unioniste

Using some further criteria it left:
Goulanes
Super Duty
Unioniste

As Goulanes probably goes for 4 miler that left Super Duty and Unioniste.
After that, well I just don't fancy Unioniste so that leaves Super Duty
Progressive, already a winner at Cheltenham, ideal age for the race, tough and expected to be better on better ground (all his chases have been on soft or heavy). Donald McCain is apparently seriously considering the Kim Muir and he is as low as 12/1 for the JLT chase - therefore I took 25/1 ew NRNB a couple of days ago which has now gone.
I will probably have a little bit on Unioniste just so I don't feel sick if he wins.

to make it even simpler , I believe that super duty goes for the Kim Muir with the booking of Derek O connor today

Last edited:
I don't reckon Unioniste will confirm Newbury form with Hadrian's Approach in the RSA. Henderson's horse might have his quirks, but he's not light on talent and is the more interesting of the outsiders, imo.

Cheltenham and better ground might be the making of him.

to make it even simpler , I believe that super duty goes for the Kim Muir with the booking of Derek O connor today
I see - have caught up with today's news on RP now and I see the 12s and 10s for the Kim Muir is now best 8/1.
I thought the Old Course might have suited his style of running in the RSA, being prominent and handy is useful on the sharper course. He appeared to stay alright at Wetherby so with 3m1f110y on the New Course, he'll need to.
I haven't had a good look at the Kim Muir yet.

Will be difficult for a 5 year old to win this, but is very backable at the prices.

yes it is but the last one,star de mohsain, was trained by nichols (it might be the only one im not certain on that) stm was the only one in the last decade Not from many runners though to be honest

6 yr old also seem to have difficulty 0/17 over the last decade
its a race for 7 and 8 yr olds

yes it is but the last one,star de mohsain, was trained by nichols (it might be the only one im not certain on that) stm was the only one in the last decade Not from many runners though to be honest

6 yr old also seem to have difficulty 0/17 over the last decade
its a race for 7 and 8 yr olds
I backed Star De Mohaison in that race as he matched a lot of the stats. However he was getting 10lbs 5 year old allowance whereas nowadays Unioniste only gets 2lbs.
There's only been one 5 year old that's tried since the big 5 yo allowance was reduced and that was Long Run - he wasn't bad and could only finish 3rd.
Before that Pomme Tiepy was 2nd favourite when she ran in the race, receiving 5lbs and fell.

Last edited:
boston bob didnt match up to my stats especially with only having 2 runs over fences but ive just got a fantastic vision of him ploughing up the hill under paul townend,i was thinking an each way double with monksland.

Interesting what Cunningham said on the morning line regarding Dynaste.Martin Pipe wants to go rsa route whie David wants to go Jewson.hmmmmmm

boston bob didnt match up to my stats especially with only having 2 runs over fences but ive just got a fantastic vision of him ploughing up the hill under paul townend,i was thinking an each way double with monksland.

Florida Pearl won it after winning both of his chases. ;)

wasnt florida pearl a pretty exceptional animal though?in any case ive only bin comparing trends back to 2003.

Back