Road To The RSA Chase

wasnt florida pearl a pretty exceptional animal though?in any case ive only bin comparing trends back to 2003.

He had a different profile in that he was hyped from day one as the second coming, but there was still a doubt about his stamina prior to the RSA. When you consider the 3+ chase runs stat, for me, it's also important to consider what sort of beast could do it without 3+ runs. Whether Boston Bob is that type of horse is another matter entirely.

I have some stats going back to '94 if you're interested in extended your sample size.

Layed off my Dynaste antepost today.Between the weather forecast and the cageyness of DP,drifted on betfair for The rsa and backed for the Jewson.Think we can safely say he's Jewson bound.win some lose some

Last edited:
Have an inkling LW will run a huge race

I agree. The Moriarty wasn't all that but are the principals any worse than Unioniste or Hadrians Approach? The Nicholls horse needed a shed load of weight from a hardly top class Walkon in December.

I have the following going into tomorrow:

Hurricane Fly and Champagne Fever both e/w doubles with Boston Bob (2s and 10s with 4s on BB)
Hurricane Fly and Hadrian's Approach (2s and 8s ew double)

First one in particular wins quite a bit, but I very much want to get a pot out of this (I have done some very stupid bets in the last month). Who would you all cover with? I'm happy to bet another 4 if there is a reason to.

If boston jumps round he will plodding up that hill relentlesley im hoping like hell he wont be out of the first 3 iv had plenty each way on him.

I don't see how Boston Bob gets beat in this. His jumping looks ok, the more even pace will suit him, he's the only one with Festival form, and the distance/stiff finish he will love. I can only think Ruby is on the handicapper because he was mindful of rejecting Dodging Bullets and Zarkandar today.

I don't think he is in the habit of giving up winners. I think BB is very slow.

On paper a poor renewal. For the record of all these new races, the RSA is to my eyes the race that has suffered most with high class defectors.

Backed LW few weeks ago at 22/1 and got him as next one in a yank with CF in the bank so won't be backing anything else in the race.

I don't think he is in the habit of giving up winners. I think BB is very slow.

He's only been on him for one chase and as a staying chaser his work will hardly be Simonsig like.

Agree with you about the race suffering because of the Jewson but injuries haven't helped either.

Took 10s Unioniste a couple of weeks ago when I got it down to Unioniste, Super Duty and Goulanes. Took some 7s Goulanes today so hopefully winner will come from those 2.

Its a poxy renewal but wondering about venetias runner. Has hardly been kept quiet this season but that doest always seem to matter with hers and experience will be no bad thing

Morris said: "He's travelled over well and he's in good form. I've no complaints on that score.

"I'd say the ground is going to ride very tacky. With the covers down the wind hasn't had the chance to dry it out, but you can't have it both ways.

"I think our horse will go on any ground, so that wouldn't worry me anyway."

Rule The World's half-brother Venalmar was beaten just a neck in this race in 2008, while Morris saddled First Lieutenant to win the Neptune two years ago.

"I'd say this horse is a bit better than those two. I think he has everything," said the trainer.

"I might be saying something different on Wednesday afternoon, but we'll see.

"We are pushing the boat out a bit just because he is still quite an immature horse, but I think he has the potential to be very good in time."

The main hope for the home team is the Nigel Twiston-Davies-trained The New One, who won over the course and distance in October and was only narrowly denied at the track in late January.

Back