Road To The RSA Chase

Can't have Unioniste in front of Hadrian's Approach, yet can back at 6s against 7/2. Geraghty has had the kid gloves out on him the last twice, am confident he'll step up tomorrow.

Can vouch for Dave' cf/lw Am on the same myself. If cape trib wins as well the game is over!

Last edited:
Thinking about the success Ruby has had riding for Wylie this season I am seriously surprised that he isn't riding Boston Bob.That's a massive negative for me-decent place lay in my opinion.

You're reading too much into it - they were more or less joint favourites, and it's only 1 man's opinion, and likely to be a close one.

Can't have Unioniste in front of Hadrian's Approach, yet can back at 6s against 7/2. Geraghty has had the kid gloves out on him the last twice, am confident he'll step up tomorrow.

You see, this is exactly what I am thinking - I would cover on Unioniste but he should be 5/1 or so.

The only one I've covered on is Lord Windermere e/w, and will maybe have a little on Lyreen Legend. But not much, as the two I still fancy are the 2 I have originally backed.

Just checked my PP account as knew I'd done a few ante post bets at small stakes everytime I've had some decent winners. Didn't realise I'd backed Boston Bob at 10s in September in trebles, 4folds and accy with Simonsig at 3's, Hurricane Fly at 5s, Sprinter Sacre at 5/4 and Sir Des Champs at 6s! Decent treble pretty much in the bag if SS does the biz today.

Unfortunately before checking the account and having a good look this morning I thought the Irish form around BB,LW etc looks pretty poor, nothing stands out. I've talked myself into Hadrians Approach to reverse form to Unioniste, I think he would have won if he had jumped the last two fences better with Nico De B saying this morning they've been working hard on his jumping. Going to have a little on HA and will actually be praying the Irish form works out!!

Good luck all

Boston Bob would be too slow for me, even over this c/d, and little surprise that Ruby has chosen Unioniste. You'd have to think that Hadrian's Approach would've chinned him without the bad jump lto though, and with better ground, and some intensive schooling since, he ought to prove that today.

Thinking about the success Ruby has had riding for Wylie this season I am seriously surprised that he isn't riding Boston Bob.That's a massive negative for me-decent place lay in my opinion.

This is the guy who chose Sam Winner over Zarkandar in the Triumph.

Hadrian's Approach looks the ideal "type" for this race. Just not totally convinced about his jumping.

Vibes seem to be absolutely terrible for Boston Bob and Unioniste looks pretty easy to take on as well. Lyreen Legend might be a decent E/W shout but surely it would have to be a terrible SunAlliance that he wins.

Listening to Ruby about his decision would give some comfort to Boston Bob backers and explain his decision well.

I won around a grand on Lord W but that fall cost me over £4k.

I need to go and lie down.

Fancied Lyreen and got the reverse forecast up thanks to confidence about Windermere coming from the right places, including this thread...but that was lucky

Back