Road To The Triumph Hurdle

Jair du Cochet :lol:- would have been unplaced on Friday

The only reason JDC never won a Triumph himself is due to Foot & Mouth.

In his first two UK outings, JDC beat Bilboa 4L conceding 5lbs in the Finale, and won a distance in the Finesse at Cheltenham in his Triumph prep. Bilboa went on to beat no less a horse than Azertyuiop 21L in the Anniversary at Aintree.

Any way you care to measure it, Jair Du Cochet was right at the very top-end as a juvenile hurdler. People have short memories though - obviously yourself included - but I'm happy to make allowances for such glaring ommissions in recall. :D

In his first two UK outings, JDC beat Bilboa 4L conceding 5lbs in the Finale, and won a distance in the Finesse at Cheltenham in his Triumph prep. Bilboa went on to beat no less a horse than Azertyuiop 21L in the Anniversary at Aintree.

Any way you care to measure it, Jair Du Cochet was right at the very top-end as a juvenile hurdler. People have short memories though - obviously yourself included - but I'm happy to make allowances for such glaring ommissions in recall. :D

I remember J de C well - a grinder included to throw in a stinker or two . He never showed anything like the turn of foot of Our Conor. If you look out Golden Cygnet's Supreme win on YT the parallels are striking .

Thats too elaborated for Ardross

A grinder? How very dare you! :D

The 'occassional stinkers' can be attributed to one bad King George outing (never going after walloping the first - not unlike Cue Card in the latest versiuon), and an RSA Chase thrown away by the flailing-limbs and over-confidence of Jacques Ricou.

Anyway, you have failed to tackle JDC's juvenile hurdle record. I'll take your silence as a climbdown. :lol:

A grinder? How very dare you! :D

The 'occassional stinkers' can be attributed to one bad King George outing (never going after walloping the first - not unlike Cue Card in the latest versiuon), and an RSA Chase thrown away by the flailing-limbs and over-confidence of Jacques Ricou.

Anyway, you have failed to tackle JDC's juvenile hurdle record. I'll take your silence as a climbdown. :lol:

The original post was tongue in cheek :rolleyes: He was a good juvenile hurdler but he was nowhere near what we saw on Friday .

Last edited:
Back