Rooster Booster's Champion Hurdle Prospects

• Thread starter Thread starter Ardross
  • Start date Start date
In a race of this quality, I can't believe he touched 9/4 at one point! Good to see the old fella get his head back in front again, especially in such style.

I can't understand why Genghis was so disappointing, Galileo - he just wasn't good enough. They both drew well clear of Hasty Prince & the other also-ran which indicates to me that the form wasn't too bad.

When I saw he was 2/1 I tried to get a bet on but the race was already off. Still, I hope his enthusiasm is rekindled now.

He didn't jump the best, no. I did think that the words "Genghis was most disappointing" was saying he was disappointing though! ;)

While it was good to see RB win-in my opinion the form is worthless.Hasty Prince hasn't looked like winning a race in a long time and Genghis was never going.
Having said that RB is entitled to his chance in all the Champion trials and maybe he will win one.

Originally posted by LUKE@Oct 15 2005, 05:11 PM
While it was good to see RB win-in my opinion the form is worthless.
People said the same thing when he murdered Mr Cool in the race at the start of his glory season ;)

I was at Huntingdon today and to say that Rooster Booster would come on for the outing would be the understatement of the year - he was so fat he was bordering on obese.

In the end he did it very well indeed, although against a horse that was too keen and jumped abysmally, and another who looks out of love with the game. However, to be able to win any sort of race when in that sort of condition was a minor miracle - IMO he'll definitely improve at least 10lbs next time.

Have to agree with you there HJ on every point. Great to see him and great to see how well admired he was by the crowd - surprised half of them hadn't shown up in yellow and black t shirts!

He didn't seem to take as keen a hold as usual either. He seemed to like being up with the pace and having something to tow him along. I don't think he's got the pace to creep from the back of the field anymore, and the tactics employed today seemed to suit him. Genghis was slightly below par on the flat last time, and his jumping was pretty poor, while Hasty Prince hit a couple and although he looked fit and well in the parade ring, his performance was highly lacklustre.
RB got a great reception and not many horses get cheered on the way to post like he did!

I don't know about anyone else
but i didn't back the old grey but certainly found my self cheering him to glory from 3 out.
I was at Stratford yesterday and on the big screen in the bar the place erupted when he hit the front on the run to the last.
The commentry was sweet to here, He old and grey but rooster steels the day.
summed it all up perfectly for me on a day Persian Punch was remembered at Newmarket and a shaddow of his ghost appearing in a junior Sergent Cecil, and then the old horse tammango considered by many a shit battled like he never before to steal a win from Ladalko and finaly It was a grey day at Huntingdon
roll on March I feel a day like Istabraq got on his last visit is on the cards, lets hope he finishes though.
Its great proper racing is back and its nice to see a rooster ruling the roost

A great return. Apart from Istabraq, I cannot think of another horse, over the last few years, who jumps his hurdles for fun like Rooster. Fast and low at every one.

Back