Rooster Booster's Champion Hurdle Prospects

• Thread starter Thread starter Ardross
  • Start date Start date
Limestone was superbly fast in the hdls and Make A Stand was also very good but Rooster is the same league of these 2.

Hors La Loi (on a good day)? Accept he didn't do it frequently enough, and should have achieved more than he did, but when he was good he looked very good

I thought that the Booster looked in tremendous form from the off albeit carrying condition. Although it wasn't a tearaway gallop Genghis was always bound to stop it being a crawl . Dobbin seemed to try and ride the race to beat the Booster which didn't suit Genghis . He should have allowed him to bowl along as he liked rather than strangling him . It seemed to affect his jumping .

Anyway, RB travelled well and settled really well before hacking up . He is still a major force in good hurdles run at a good pace . The problem is that the last couple of years the top hurdles have largely been run at sedate paces to beat him. The on;y race run at a proper gallop last year ( except when he was making the running ! ) was the Concept .

Hasty Prince was beaten far more easily than in Ireland but he also jumped less than brilliantly but when a hurdler is jumping as well as the Booster it puts the others under pressure .

Not bad for a tatty old grey !

Make A Stand was even quicker jumper than than those mentioned. Forgotten about once Istabraqs reign began, he would have been a worthy opponent for all the day he won The Champion Hurdle.

Shadow Leader was absolutely electric over hurdles, he was fantastic over them. His one mistake was the fatal one though - it was the first time he had ever been tired when jumping, the horses he had run against previously weren't good enough to give him a race.

Was a very sad day when Shadow took that fatal fall having followed him throughout his career,originally on the flat for Avery Whitfield including a very creditable run in Sanmartino's Ebor.

He had, Uncle Goober, in two small field, tactically-run races. The day he died was the first time he had jumped tired, hence the fatal mistake of taking off too soon and clipping the top of the flight.

Yes I remember the races. The Sandown race in particular was most amusing if you werent involved with one of the 'stars' in the race ! Master Beveled did the giant killing job .

Yeah, it wasn't amusing for me or the people I was watching it with....deflating & disappointing would have been an understatement! :(

Thankyou Arkers - I can see that now. Lost the head & couldn't work it out before! :confused:

There certainly were some fantastic ups, yes - one of the highlights being the day he won the Scottish Champion hurdle - it even surpassed the Supreme Novice's win for me, it was an incredible day in which we doubled up with my boy in the bumper.

Back