Round of 16

Shearer

"It keeps the tournament going" brazil going through

Look thicko. You may have been a great player but you are inarticulate blockhead.

The tournament will not be cancelled if brazil go out will it? You plank

The loss of a mediocre team means fck all. Got it ?

Devastated for the Chileans.

Hansen said Neymar was 'sensational' - because he scored a penalty. No word about the Chilean penalty 2-0 down which was the best I've seen.

Surely Brazil can't win this.

Shearer

"It keeps the tournament going" brazil going through

Look thicko. You may have been a great player but you are inarticulate blockhead.

The tournament will not be cancelled if brazil go out will it? You plank

The loss of a mediocre team means fck all. Got it ?

It takes nothing away, what a weird comment. There is such a sense of entitlement about Brazil at football, like NZ in rugby.

More wisdom from Shearer - 'every team that are going to win the World Cup will have to win a penalty shootout'.

All jokes aside, but this is public money, and this guy can't string a sentence together and comes out with guff like this.

Fred is outrageous alright, with the alternative being Jo they may as well play another midfielder - watch Fred score a winning header now :rolleyes: I would love Chile to win this though.

What about playing Hulk up top and putting Willian on the wing? Seems the most logical option. Fred is brutal.

I think that losing Brazil this early would take a fair bit of interest away from the tournament - average team or not.

More wisdom from Shearer - 'every team that are going to win the World Cup will have to win a penalty shootout'.

All jokes aside, but this is public money, and this guy can't string a sentence together and comes out with guff like this.

Jesus Christ.

I missed that. A five year old would laugh at that.

He's paid a huge sum too. Why do they use names with nothing to say? Absolutely nothing

What about playing Hulk up top and putting Willian on the wing? Seems the most logical option. Fred is brutal.

I think that losing Brazil this early would take a fair bit of interest away from the tournament - average team or not.

No it wouldn't

I'll speak for myself but I watch teams not cliches

each team should be judged on what they offer..this Brazil side aren't a patch on past sides and will struggle to get to the final imo..i don't understand pundits being relieved that Brazil..the name ..have got through...if they were a crack side i could understand it but they aren't

i didn't really understand the penalty shoot out comment either..to be fair a side that truly deserves to win a WC shouldn't get that far..they should win their games in the time alloted

i want to see the best side brush the oppo to one side...not win on toss of the coin penalty shoot outs

i would say that with Brazil being pushed to a penalty shoot out this early is a big negative for them actually winning it

Hugely disappointed with Brazil as too many of their players are mediocre (Fred, Ramires, Jo for example) or have under performed (Oscar after the first game, Dani Alves, Paulinho). Neymar outstanding but big tendency to try to do too much. Luiz Gustavo and Hulk played well today I thought but felt desperately sorry for Chile who so nearly won it at the end of ET

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i don't understand pundits being relieved that Brazil..the name ..have got through...if they were a crack side i could understand it but they aren't

I don't think it is so much the name (although I suppose there is an element of that in it), but more the fact that they are hosts and the weight of expectation surrounding them seems pretty enormous that makes them so interesting.

Oscar was the best player in the opening game but since then very very average, you can see why Jose bought Fabregas now

He really, really wasn't. Drifted in and out of the game and the goal masked what was a pretty poor performance IMO. I think Chelsea should give him this season and then cash in if he keeps going the way he is. Doesn't look like he can cope with football every week, has been physically gone since the middle of January.

He really, really wasn't. Drifted in and out of the game and the goal masked what was a pretty poor performance IMO. I think Chelsea should give him this season and then cash in if he keeps going the way he is. Doesn't look like he can cope with football every week, has been physically gone since the middle of January.

I agree about the first game, thought I had missed something.

I think he's soft, to be honest.

Uruguay are a horribly defensive team. Let's hope there isn't much left of them in this tournament.

Not looking too promising. I was hoping for at least two goals by half-time. Oh well, at least the goal itself was a beaut.

He is the star of the world cup. Hope he and they go far. They are 12s most places now. Still not the worst bet...

They look like winners to me

They played a team determined to spoil and are very good at it. They couldn't play their real game yet still won easily. A star player has emerged in Rodriguez to compliment their other great players. They look more like Brazil than Brazil do.
If they cope with the atmosphere they will spank Brazil

Last edited:
Colombia 4/1 against Brazil in 90 minutes and 2/1 to qualify. If this isn't an all in job....

Put this way if Chile had won the penalty shoot out last night would Colombia be 4/1 , not a chance . I am balls deep laying Brazil to win outright, they are a very average team and the most over bet team in the competition. I agree this is another big opportunity ,no way in my book would Brazil be favourites to beat Colombia.

I backed Chile last night but reckon Brazil were quite unlucky not to win in regulation time. Claudio Bravo made a few good saves and some of Brazil's shots were a bit straight down his throat. Brazil are getting better as the tournament progresses. I think they will take care of Columbia more readily than they did Chile to set up what might arguably be the 'final before the final' when they face Germany in the semis.

Back