Royal Ascot 2024

Oh I berludy love Khaadem! I so nearly deserted him after Spencer did but thought Oisin isn’t a bad sub and the horse looked superb beforehand.

Well done, jinnyj and all Khaadem backers. I had him second-top but fancied the younger ones to improve past him.

But what on earth possessed the jockeys on the front runners to go that pace. It was little short of suicidal.

Fair play to the owner who gave it a big mention earlier in the week.

Well done, jinnyj and all Khaadem backers. I had him second-top but fancied the younger ones to improve past him.

But what on earth possessed the jockeys on the front runners to go that pace. It was little short of suicidal.

Fair play to the owner who gave it a big mention earlier in the week.
I was on the 2nd. Did the jock drop his whip> Cos it seemed strange to be fighting out a neck and neck finish with hands and heels.

I see the bookies are up to their tricks in the Wokingham. Eleven of the first twelve in the market are either completely or almost completely blue across the board at oddschecker.

Thieving basterts.

Aye. I think on reflection the ground is too firm for Orazio.

If he get could sneak into a place I'd more than settle for it. But I'm not expecting it.

It's not over till it's over, as they say.

Well done on Haatem, DO.

Glad you had it.

It's a race worth watching again.

Quite a few of the beaten horses met trouble in running with them concertinaing up the centre

Cheers guys and girls. He's shown he can handle the ground. Great to see him run well again.

I saw Saffie unseated before the start of the race to get something adjusted.

I must admit I had 50 quid at 16s ante post on Orazio for the Bunbury Cup just in case it ran well today.

Must have a good chance if lining up.

Best I’ve had and for a change I’ve posted virtually every one beforehand which is unlike me as I completely lack faith in my abilities. I’m pretty exhausted though. Going through the racing the night before plus all morning has been tough. Unlike my ex (who thinks he’s a pro punter but strangely isn’t a multi millionaire yet....🙄) who spends every waking hour watching racing but I think you get saturated.

Yes Jin.

I find as I get older I don't have as much patience to look at form in detail like I used to. I'm pushing myself these days to go through what I need to.

This is a beautiful horse and fast improving. Group horse for sure. And has FC has just said from the family of Souk...who I actually used to ride at Cumani’s!

Monsieur Guyon didn't exactly cover himself in glory on Run For Oscar, did he? Started his run from somewhere in France, I think.

I couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo all week.

BTW: JJ - are we rich?
Well
We meaning the royal we have had a fabulous week capped by winner number 17. All posted on this thread so I didn’t put anyone away.
Rich? I bet in diddly amounts! But I’m £170 up on the week. I won £486 so reinvested a fair bit. But for sheer enjoyment I’ve had an absolute blast!

Back