Royal Ascot 2024

I concur with everything you've said Frankel -he looked to really enjoy 12 furlongs at Leopardstown where Moore gave him a beautiful ride.Wouldn't be the biggest surprise to see him run in the Irish Derby.
Not sure it's the ideal prep for next week!

Is he good enough?

Horses for courses Tanlic, horses for courses.
Donnacha rode Apache a few times; he got him up in a double photo finish at Cork and I still don't know how he did it.
Trains from Bawnmore stables, my home townland to boot.
Did I take the hint ? Did I F&&& !

Winner by Caravaggio ex Holy Roman Emperor mare ex High Chapparal mare, the history of Ballydoyle in 21 years.
Dam, bred by Anne Marie, ran in in-house syndicate of Joseph's ( Annus Mirabilis ) was sold after racing and bought in by Anna O Brien for 11,500 , not that there were too many stray bidders I imagine.

Last edited:
Well done old forumite Rory Delargy. He put a good case up for Porta Fortuna on the Sporting Life.

Well, I'm off for a long lye down until the Wokingham tomorrow.

I unloaded some ammunition on Orazio a couple weeks ago.

I think he's talented but he needs to return right to his best.

I've set my alarm for 5 minutes before the Wokingham tomorrow lol.

I'm prepared for the worst.

Good winner that Aga Khan horse. I took 17/2 yesterday and he went off a lot shorter. Drifted to 12s or even 14s this morning though. Don't think I got best odds. But as he went off 5s it wouldn't matter anyway. That's cheered me up.

Ascot picks from me today, seems the hardest day to find a winner at a decent price,think few favs will go in and I've done some accas on the obrian favs with ethical diamond and indelible in the 5.05 which is my nap.this horse will surely he running in group races very soon. Also like a few at decent odds.

2.30 CALIFORNIA DREAMER 18/1 E.way.
3.05 kinda blue 16/1 e.way.
4.25 sheer rocks 22/1 e.way
5.05 forever blue 11/1 e.way also f.c with endelible.
5.40. Theory of tides 10/1 e.way
6.15 dryhaloey 11/1 e.way.
Bk 2 absolutely pants today,opera singer coming 2nd cost me about £380

Ascot picks from me today, seems the hardest day to find a winner at a decent price,think few favs will go in and I've done some accas on the obrian favs with ethical diamond and indelible in the 5.05 which is my nap.this horse will surely he running in group races very soon. Also like a few at decent odds.

2.30 CALIFORNIA DREAMER 18/1 E.way.
3.05 kinda blue 16/1 e.way.
4.25 sheer rocks 22/1 e.way
5.05 forever blue 11/1 e.way also f.c with endelible.
5.40. Theory of tides 10/1 e.way
6.15 dryhaloey 11/1 e.way.

Billy the Kid backable at 22 did it again...only my mate had fiver ew this time while I got a clap on the back....tbh I never looked and only found out when he called to thank me....

Took 5/1 ap Mll Stream (Hardwicke) and happy she'll prevail.
Believing (Jubilee) was a strong finishing 3rd n the Sprint Cup last term, & I'm comvinced has a gp1 ln her.
Ran here Tuesday, but this was always the plan.
Thwarted by the draw there; again it's been unkind to her, but B365 offered 8/1,so I've taken ew insurance.
Luck to all.

Chipstead wokingham 33/1

I agree. One of my longshots for the race.

I tried to back it with Sky (33s, 8 places) but they restricted me to £2.50 ew :poop:

I put the remainder on with Hills at 40s, 6 places. No BOG but I can't really seeing it drifting beyond that.

Well, I'm behing going into the final day but remain hopeful because the figures themselves are doing fine. It's me that's picking the wrong ones because I'm trying to go for value. That's punting.

2.30 - Bedtime has a 5lbs advantage on RPRs and a 4lbs advantage on TSs so I imagine it will probably win.

3.05 - I was tempted to put Continuous on the 'odds-on' thread. They seem to be keeping quiet about him but he improved again after the Leger when he dropped down in trip for the Arc and is entered in the Eclipse so he's clearly highly regarded. I can see him winning this without really having too hard a race before going on to the King George.

3.40 - The sprinters are a poor lot, as the Aussie second-rater Asfoora showed in the Kings Stand. Art Power could win by default if the ground isn't too fast for him. Shartash could be the improver. I don't have a bet yet but 14/1 Art Power looks very tempting.

4.25 - There doesn't seem much between Haatem and River Tiber and I'll be surprised if they don't fight out the finish. I've backed Haatem ew at 7/2 with 4 places going. Losses are minimal if he is only placed and the 7/2 looks too long to start with.

5.05 - Chipstead is my main fancy and I've mentioned the other longshots on the that thread. The win cover bets are on Mums Tipple, Albasheer and Rumstar.

5.40 - I didn't 'do' this race but I backed Black Run last time because I had a big figure for it so went with it again. (25/1)

6.15 - Tashkhan has a 4lbs advantage on [unadjusted] ORs and 3lbs on [adjusted] RPRs so 9/1 looks value (I took 10s last night). Stamina isn't a problem and he was only 5 lengths off Kyprios on fast ground in the 2022 Gold Cup.

I feel the same re Art Power.

The Wizard Of Eye could run well into a place, but strictly on form he has to improve. Every improver I have backed this week hasn't delivered though. Apart from that Aga Khan horse yesterday.

Mitbaahy a clear danger to all aswell.

But I just think Art Power is a force to be reckoned with on his day. I think he's proven on his best form he should be bang there at the finish if a bit of rain arrives.

I wouldn't put anyone off yours and Outsiders fancy Chipstead in the Wokingham either. A very good handicapper on his day, and if he runs to his best, surely he'll run well. Although I've already committed to Orazio as my main bet. Charlie Hills seems to think he's got him right, from reading his quote on the Racing Post. I have backed Orazio for the Bunbury Cup aswell, so really want to see a good showng today, even if he finds one or two too good on this occasion.

Good luck all.

Last edited:
I see the going stick readings are (for the first time this week) saying the going is fastest up the centre of the straight track. I reckon they'll tend to come up there in all the straight races (assuming there is such a thing :p).

Back