Royal Ascot 2024

I've done two so far.
Real gains 33/1 as per a/p thread..Royal hunt cup
Wizard of eyes. 16/1 wokingham.
i haven't done WOE in a single yet in case he runs in something else like the Buckingham Palace.
I mightnt have the winner of the Hunt Cup but at least I've got the price as Real gains is 12s at best and 10s in places.

Where you getting this from mate?

Official BHA website updated yesterday still has him on 95.

I must be wrong?
The racing post racecard says 5lb extra and its mark 100
It run Sunday so it hasn't been updated yet.

I am so looking forward to Royal Ascot. I used to work in the royal enclosure up until covid and the last year I was there one of my mates told me that he was told by an owner to back his horse even though it was 150-1. We both declined then watched it romp home to win.

The racing post racecard says 5lb extra and its mark 100
It run Sunday so it hasn't been updated yet.
Yes I see it now.

At least he'll definately make the cut. He only just scraped in off 95 last year.

So he needs to find some improvement for sure. I'm hopeful he has though.

Fresh declared for Haydock's 4.45 on Saturday.

Be good to see the Fresh of old turn up again, in both this, and Royal Ascot.

Can anyone help me out?

So Fresh is no. 66 in the list for the Wokingham.

Were he to win this Saturday, would he incur a penalty, which would then send him further up the list? I only ask because I always get confused on such matters.

As things currently stand, as DO alluded to before, it doesn't look like he's going to make the cut, does it? Yet the bookmakers have him as third or fourth favourite.

He will get a 5lb penalty which means borderline but would give it a chance in the Buckingham Palace but he needs soft going I think.he has a better chance in the Buckingham Palace over 7f.just my opinion.

I'll kick this thread off with two that I like.

Royal Hunt Cup - Aerion Power was a colt who ran really well in this actual race last year. Sir Michael Stoute has campaigned him relatively lightly the past several seasons, and it was interesting that turning six years of age, they decided to get him gelded. Usually I feel they tend to geld flat horses a bit earlier in their careers. The same thing happend with Astro King, being gelded, albeit around the time he left Stoute's for Daniel and Claire Kublers, and look at the extra improvement Astro King found after the procedure. I think Aerion won cosily today, will only improve for the run, and on last year's fourth, I reckon he only needs to find a couple of lengths to win this. He's 47 in the list to get in, so I'm hopeful he'll make the cut with a penalty for his win today. Some bookies left him at his original anti post price of 33/1 immediately after his win today, including Skybet, who are now only 18's, and the 33s and 25s has been chipped away the past couple of hours. I can see why.

Prince Of Wales - I'm going to be backing Alflaila who is a top price 14s chance with most bookies. Those four wins on the bounce at the end of 2022, and it's first win of 2023 were both progressive and impressive. Alflaila beat what I think is a solid yardstick in My Prospero. Why it only had two runs in 2023 I don't know, but I'm interested in what it can do in 2024. I think Owen Burrows is the type of trainer to bring out the best in this horse as it gets older, which is what he did with Hukum. I've just got a good feeling about this.

I'm looking forward to the meeting.
Alflaila blue across the boards on oddschecker today for the Prince Of Wales. You'd think that's where he is going now. Maybe he's done some excellent work at home or something?

He will get a 5lb penalty which means borderline but would give it a chance in the Buckingham Palace but he needs soft going I think.he has a better chance in the Buckingham Palace over 7f.just my opinion.
I've caught up with today's results.

Surely Fresh can't make the cut for the Wokingham now? Buckingham Palace much more likely. Those bookmakers still have him as anti post fav for the Wokingham. Craziness.

Last edited:
Here you go, [ Marb.
Middle Earth has just one entry at the meeting (Hardwicke) and looks a typical John Gosden improver (Arc entry).
The horse he beat lto (K[ng Of Conquest) is 6/4 fav for today's 5.05 at Goodwood.
Should he prevail,the current 5/1 (B365) for the JG colt will probably evaporate.

Another one for you, Marb,
Many seem to think that Believing had a flukey win on Saturday. I don't subscrie,as I doubt GB would have anticipated the strong headwind when he entered her,and she ran purely on merit (and what a job she made of it:)).
The stiff 5f of the King Charles III Stakes should suit her ideally,and I've taken the 16/1 as her trainer said that's where she'll go.

Here you go, [ Marb.
Middle Earth has just one entry at the meeting (Hardwicke) and looks a typical John Gosden improver (Arc entry).
The horse he beat lto (K[ng Of Conquest) is 6/4 fav for today's 5.05 at Goodwood.
Should he prevail,the current 5/1 (B365) for the JG colt will probably evaporate.
I couldn't back anything against my flat racing fav at the moment, Rebels Romance, so will wait for final declarations to see what runs. Maybe loyalty clouding my judgement...

Another one for you, Marb,
Many seem to think that Believing had a flukey win on Saturday. I don't subscrie,as I doubt GB would have anticipated the strong headwind when he entered her,and she ran purely on merit (and what a job she made of it:)).
The stiff 5f of the King Charles III Stakes should suit her ideally,and I've taken the 16/1 as her trainer said that's where she'll go.
Very interesting. The wind operation she had a while back has helped bring about improvement. Cheers for this.

Did someone mention Caius Chorister somewhere? I was looking at the Gold Cup and liked this mares profile, so backed her last night. I unloaded some ammunition on a few different ones last night.

I just wanted to put it on record that I HATE Caius Chorister.

Why?

In June 2022 I had sorted out a nice bet on Wagga Wagga making its handicap debut off 56 at Salisbury and I organised getting 14/1 overnight win only (each-way is for those who lack moral fibre).

Despite pulling Georgia Dobie's arms off it came there strongly and just got beat a neck at 9/2 by some bitch of a filly running off 57.

Wagga Wagga won his next two races off 59 and 65 because he had bumped into a right one at the Netherhampton venue in the shape of the winner who is now an OR109 Cup mare ffs!

FML!

That is all - do carry on.

Back