(24) Ballinteni 8st 10lb C. P. Lemaire
(10) Dream Lodge (IRE) 8st 10lb T. P. Queally
(19) Mujood 8st 8lb Stephen Carson
(18) Yarqus (Blinkers, Tongue Strap) 8st 7lb Hayley Turner
(23) Sir Xaar (IRE) (Visor) 8st 7lb Tom Eaves
(26) Oceana Gold 8st 5lb William Buick
(14) Samarinda (USA) 8st 5lb Paul Doe
(2) Orchard Supreme 8st 5lb Martin Dwyer
(13) Crocodile Bay (IRE) 8st 4lb David Probert (7)
(3) Overturn (IRE) 8st 4lb Saleem Golam
(6) Kavachi (IRE) 8st 4lb Francis Norton
(16) Ansells Pride (IRE) 8st 3lb W. M. Lordan

Queen Mary:

Dr Horse Weight Jockey
(5) Amosite (Blinkers) 8st 12lb Jim Crowley
(11) Bahamian Babe 8st 12lb Hayley Turner
(8) Baileys Cacao (IRE) 8st 12lb Richard Hughes
(7) Beat Seven 8st 12lb Micky Fenton
(1) Connie Mac (IRE) 8st 12lb Seb Sanders
(12) Danehill Destiny 8st 12lb Jimmy Fortune
(13) Excellent Show 8st 12lb Ted Durcan
(9) Glamorous Spirit (IRE) 8st 12lb M. J. Kinane
(3) Heart Shaped (USA) 8st 12lb J. Murtagh
(6) Langs Lash (IRE) 8st 12lb Alan Munro
(15) Lucky Leigh 8st 12lb Darryll Holland
(10) Nubar Lady (IRE) (Tongue Strap) 8st 12lb Jamie Spencer
(16) Rebecca de Winter 8st 12lb Ryan Moore
(2) Shyrl 8st 12lb L. Dettori
(4) Sugar Free (IRE) 8st 12lb W. M. Lordan
(17) Sweet Applause (IRE) 8st 12lb Darren Williams
(14) White Shift (IRE) 8st 12lb Stephen Donohoe

Sandringham:

Dr Horse Weight Jockey
(9) Eva's Request (IRE) 9st 7lb M. J. Kinane
(4) Makaaseb (USA) (Sheepskin C/P) 9st 4lb R. Hills
(3) Cruel Sea (USA) 9st 2lb Michael Hills
(7) Maramba (USA) 9st 2lb Ryan Moore
(10) Rosaleen (IRE) 9st 2lb L. Dettori
(14) Jazz Jam 9st 2lb T. Quinn
(5) Shaker (IRE) 9st 1lb Jamie Spencer
(13) Festivale (IRE) 9st 1lb Kerrin McEvoy
(8) Comeback Queen 8st 12lb Richard Hughes
(12) Tathkaar 8st 11lb N. Callan
(1) Shabiba (USA) 8st 11lb Martin Dwyer
(11) Insaaf (Visor) 8st 9lb J. Murtagh
(15) Dellini (IRE) 8st 9lb Darryll Holland
(6) Amanjena 8st 7lb William Buick
(2) Illusion 8st 7lb Seb Sanders
(16) Pretty Ballerina (USA) 8st 7lb W. M. Lordan

Not too much I fancy tomorrow, but I'll risk a little e/w on Excellent Show in the Queen Mary.

Considering what she's achieved so far, she seems a little overpriced compared to some of her rivals. Bred right as well.

I have been staring at the Windsor Forest for hours. I want to back Sabana Perdida at 12/1 E/W. Unfortunately that isn't her price.

Sugar Free in the Queen Mary after todays Coventry. 12/1 looks value to me as she only lost 1.75L's to the horse that came second today

Not only that. Sugar Free had nowhere to go at least twice in the race. Sorry the form's been franked. Was hoping for nicer odds :(

Every chance that Godolphin have ruined him, but Literato is a 4/1 shot on Champion Stakes form. He wouldn't be the first horse Godolphin have bought back from the dead at this meeting (remember Refuse to Bend in the Queen Anne?) and I think Ladbrokes have taken a chance at 20/1.

Cruel Sea looked potentially a pattern filly last year but has been running over the wrong trip this year. Surely she'll settle better back at 8f and if she does, I think she can show herself well handicapped.

Harvest Queen appears to be 7 times the price of Heaven Sent in the Windsor Forest yet stop the race 1f out in the 9f Dahlia and there's nothing between them, in fact the drop back in trip should suit Peter Makin's filly. Heaven Sent appears to be priced upon the acievements of Peeress, Chic et al, rather than on what she has achieved herself. Back to lay traders can surely get themselves a free bet providing they aren;t too greedy gievn how well Harvest Queen travels.

I am no fan of the boys in blue, particularly when they get their hands on other people's horses, but I am inclined to agree with you David.

I don't think he would want the ground as quick as today though.

Ground would be a major worry for Literato.

I await Jupiter Pluvius's first real outing of the season with some interest.

The time suggests good to firm when he won a Group 2 at Deauville last year. I suspect the last excuse I'll trot out when he gets stuffed is that the ground was too fast!

I also like Cruel Sea, but seeing as I couldn't find my arse with both hands today I'm not confident at all!!! Mind you, backing a horse at 195/1 and 33/1 the place that comes 7th in a Group 1, beaten 9l, isn't that bad!

Originally posted by betsmate@Jun 17 2008, 07:05 PM
I have been staring at the Windsor Forest for hours. I want to back Sabana Perdida at 12/1 E/W. Unfortunately that isn't her price.
I'm increasingly finding myself building a case for Many Colours now based on her Nad Al Sheeba runs to Sun Classique and lines through either the Sheema or Gower Song to Getaway in the Jockey Club stakes

Anybody have any strong opinions on the Jersey?

Don't have a really strong opinion myself. Looks a compettitive race that's fairly low on quality IMO.

Jupiter Pluvius should come on a bundle for his run in the Irish 2,000 (taken note of Gal's comments as well). Form of his Killavulen win doesn't read too badly either, with Famous Name beaten 3/4 of a length. 7 furlongs on fast ground should suit.

I was taken by Calming Influence's Newmarket victory. Stimulation had the run of the race that day (they didn't look to go a great gallop) but Calming Influence picked up nicely under a fairly considerate ride and won a shade cosily I thought, despite running green. Wouldn't be mad about taking 9/2 though to be honest.

The other two that interested me were Aqlaam and Dream Eater. Aqlaam could well have a bit of class that the vast majority of this field don't possess, but I'd be a bit concerned about the prospect of fast ground tommorrow. Dream Eater shaped like a 7f horse in the Guineas but not sure he'll be good enough tommorrow.

Paco Boy is Eddie Freemantle's nap of the meeting, although lines through Falco to Henrythenavigator seem to put Jupiter about 2L's ahead. Eddie's reasoning seems to revolve around the drop back to 7F's. "Only if Ravens Pass were re-routed from the St James Palace would my confidence in Paco Boy be dimmed".

I'm contemplating the two reversed

Line through Tasdeer leaves him with a fair bit to find with Calming Influence I would think, Warbler (though I appreciate Paco Jack was probably value for more than the winning margin at Lingfield).

I was sweet on Intense Focus yesterday and he ran really well. I loved the maiden he won at The Curragh. For that reason I will be looking at Sugar Free in the Queen Mary.

Some friends of mine own a share in Beat Seven who is running the Queen Mary. It would be great to see this brave horse in the winners enclosure today. Gay Kelleway has always been very fond of this horse and after the win at Windsor - this was the race she had in mind for her.

Also, White Shift owned by Dave Evans is in the same race running for Premier Cru Racing. It would be great to see her run a big race as she is clearly very talented. The Premier Cru Racing crowd are great fun and I have spent some great afternoons and evenings with them at the races. Dave has leased them some good horses and things are going very well for the syndicate.

Whatever the outcome, with Dave Evans and Gay Kelleway at Royal Ascot there is certainly going to be a party - whatever the outcome of the race. :D

Best of luck to both of them.

I'd be very keen on Paco Boy were the rain to come as I think he needs cut and his Greenham run was very impressive on the watch, he then got a shocking ride in the French Guineas. However, as I understand it they've had a dry night and it's still Good to Firm?

Paco Boy a non-runner now in the Jersey. It's a very tough race and I'm tempted just to steer clear.

I'm not that confident that Calming Influence will confirm superiority over Stimulation though and why was Dettori chosen Il Warrd over him? Aqlaam won his maiden in a very impressive time and I thought he was going to represent value but I'd want more than 8/1 about him in this lineup.

The only real value might be in Generous Thought at 16/1 who has ran well in two handicaps this year but he was pretty much beat by Spencer's rides in both of those and I don't hold much hope of that problem being eradicated today!

Originally posted by trackside528@Jun 17 2008, 10:37 PM
Anybody have any strong opinions on the Jersey?
I said the Guineas form would come to the fore in the SJP (unfortunately I realised when Stubbs Art went away out on betfair that yesterday wasn't going to be his (or my) day ) and that's how it turned out. Dream Eater wasn't beaten too far at Newmarket and I reckon that's the best form coming into the race. Not sure about the jockey booking, though.

Where as I was always happy to make my own mind up about the going (though believe Ascot to be correct so far) I never factored the wind in. It's certainly blowing stiff enough here (about 45 miles west). What direction is it coming from on the course anyone?

Back