Royal Ascot - Day 3

Looking for Kasbah Bliss to get me back in the game today.also think Jimmy Fortune is a significant booking for Elsworth in 5 o clock and Bright Horizon has a good chance in the last.

Fancy Tactician in the last I know they think alot of the horse and I'm pretty sure they have been saving him for this.

The form of Ballydoyle? Way too over played....they had another winner at Fairyhouse last night after a double last Sunday. Because some of the three year olds are not up to it people are assuming there is something wrong with the horses. Take out his last run and Fencing Master would be a short priced favourite for this. Cannot see him out of the first three, assuming he has not lost a leg or something.

The horse last night didn't have much to beat. Luisant wants a fast run race and didn't get it. Plus, the ordinary O'Brien three year olds are goign to be fitter first time out as they have a job to do.....win and be sold. So they will surely be fitter than the group performers first time up.

The likes of Dandy Boy would have finished much closer if Supaseus had been able to go the pace for further than 2 furlongs - the former I think ran an extraordinary race in the circumstances given he was making his own pace from about 5f from home and amongst the others in his group eventually filled the last 4 or 5 positions.
Supaseus is a pace horse in its own right but it simply couldn't get on level terms because the ground wasn't as firm where it was running.

Thought the godolphin horse would have run better in the first despite dropping down to 5 furlongs,a well they might win the next.

Despite yesterday, you would find it hard to not see him involved after his maiden, even if I wouldn't necessarily have thought 5 the right distance - he seemed to be plenty quick enough based on that, but the worrying thing is quite a few of them, even when very well backed, are coming plum last.

Come on Hibaayeb!

Cheers DJ.

I think she could be comfortably the best middle distance filly this year if campaigned right.

I never thought I'd be so happy to see a Godolphin winner! :lol:

Having terrible betting week and was seriosuly worried that I fancied her so much .....

Yeah, I saw that too - apparently that's where they are heading with Rosanara. You would imagine at least one of those two plus Shalanaya will end up in the Opera.

Any thoughts on the Listed race? More confidence behind Fencing Master after AoA's run?

One that could run better than his odds is Champagne Style. He has a long absence to overcome, but won a nice conditions race in October from Rodrigo de Torres, Kalypso King and Emirates Dream, his prior 2 maidens were encouraging and he should appreciate the ground. Good to see Moore aboard as well.

Thought Her Majesty might have a nice horse in Quadrille his run against Red Jazz looks not bad after RJsrun yesterday.

Back