Royal Ascot - Day 3

My head firmly below parapet today - it just doesn't work when I post up my ummings! So back to the more successful cloak & dagger stuff and some marvellous aftertiming!
I genuinely forgot to put Ransom Note in my Britannia list :o but it's merely covered me for the day. I need Fencing Master or Bay Willow to put me clear for the day but not losing is OK.

Can't help but feel what might have been with Wigmore Hall, but can't really complain as the angle with him was swooping late off a fast pace so you're always going to need the luck.

Didn't the presenter on BBC2 say FENCING MASTER had been poorly only a month ago? I'd have thought that was one pretty good reason to swerve him.

Thought Berling was certainly unlucky Eddie Ahern did not use his good draw to advantage he allowed the field to close in on him and he ended up at the rear of the field the horse had no chance from his position,a race he will want to forget so will i having backed the horse twice today, never mind these things happen.

Loss of 5.18pts after commission

Vintage Fallon ride on the winner

I did wonder whether Quadrille did not get the race because he was owned by the Queen and it would have looked as if the stewards might be biased in her favour - Afsare leaning on him could have been the difference between victory and defeat when the he was beaten on the nod.

Agree about Berling. He lost two lengths and a lot of momentum just after they straightened up.

Between that race and the Britannia, I reckon there were more plots on show yesterday than on a new town development site.

I thought Contract Caterer was of more interest for the future than Berling.

Definitely has a good race in him, perhaps over further. Melrose? Though I much prefer it when these progressive 3-y-o's get the chance to smash up the exposed older horses.

Back