Royal Ascot Day 4

The French fillies look very good this year, as Sunybay has been pointing out for some time.

Think they'll get smashed against the older horses to be honest, taking it in turns to beat one another bar Golden Lilac.

I like the winner and the second and I'm intrigued to see them taking on the older horses but Goldikova and co. should batter them.

not sure about this favourite in the next..dutching Lost In The Moment + Spanish Duke who both looked favoured by the ground to me

Eddie Ahern's record on Spanish Duke = 111131

Last edited:
Lost in the Moment (e/w) and Shamali for me.

Green Destiny could have a stone in hand if some are to be believed, but at 13/8 is a shocking price.

:lol: This game can make you look like a right dick at times. Prior to today, everything held up on the round course was getting a battering.

Not only is Queally a terrible rider, but he's an absolute whingebag - I thought he was going to start crying there.

Nice one EC.

Striking Spirit was interesting there. Plainly needs a decent test which he hasn't had looking at his form since the Wokingham last year. Bunbury Cup horse for me.

I thought Memory ran a good race considering she pulled like a train and was a bit wheelspinning on the soft.

I think Queally had a point for once - looked like deliberate intimidation to me by the winner.

Couple of thoughts on yesterday.
Nathaniels run confirmed Treasure Beach as a worth Derby second.
Beachfire wins all his races like that, he is virtually catatonic and is in no way ungenuine.Execellently prepared by Gosden. Indian Haven gets some nice ones from limited opportunity. More to come.

The Queen looked very animated talking to Sir HRAC there is the carriage - perhaps

" one could not work out WTF he was playing at rushing Frankel up like that"

Back