Royal Ascot Day 4

Was it the Monsun and the Shirocco that were sent looking for better ground? Couldn't make it up.

Indeed! Very poor.

Thought Mijhaar was too keen the whole way round and there'll be another day for him.

Ryan Moore, Barzalona etc are regularly keeping horses miles out the bk this week - when will they realise on this ground you simply cannot make up so much ground.

Well i dont wish to be accused of aftertiming EC so wiont say anything! But had to see it that way myself too

But imagine if its soft in the Arc?

Agree with comments about Gosden. By some distance the most articulate flat trainer

Last edited:
Ryan Moore, Barzalona etc are regularly keeping horses miles out the bk this week - when will they realise on this ground you simply cannot make up so much ground.

Totally agree. Surely everyone has seen by this stage you need to be handy turning in?!

If I can tell from the office then they can surely tell given they're riding on it every day?!

Immortal Verse is one of those running in the Coronation who shouldn't mind today's ground and showed a touch of class in her most recent outing.

This is between Nova Hawk and Theysken's Theory for me.

Together has been beaten a concerning amount of times when fancied.

I agree with Grey, you could become one of my heroes Gamla, however if it bu88ers up my laptop then i'll get out the voodoo doll and pins. Not having much luck with computer electronics at this time as the computer on my Beamer 7 went haywire and left me at the mercy of an Italian garage.:(

Not only do they block net connections but also several of the bookies phones Ive tried to use- mind you that has done me a favour so far this week

Add Pasquier to that list. Absolute fucking idiot.

Well done to those of you on the winner.

Not sure about that - Nova Hawk right out the back with Immortal Verse as well. Rough race for all, and Together got a worse run than NH. The winner won very well. I can see how you arefurstrated though as nearly l jockeys bar the winner got into trouble.

He took Nova Hawk all over Berkshire in the final 2.

Mosse made his move at the right time and stayed out of trouble.

He took Nova Hawk all over Berkshire in the final 2.

Mosse made his move at the right time and stayed out of trouble.

Nothing Pasquier could do - it was ver very rough in front of him.

The winner won very clearly though, but maybe Nova Hawk could have been a little closer, but most behind could say that considering how rough it was.

Nova Hawk should try the Prix Jean Prat.

The French fillies look very good this year, as Sunybay has been pointing out for some time.

His move to the inside of Barefoot and Joviality was needless, he could have switched wide and tracked the winner. Wouldn't have lost anywhere near as much ground.

Hope she gets a Group One this year. Plenty of options for her; Falmouth, Rothschild and Jean Prat.

Back