Royal Ascot- Day 5

Thought the same myself about Macarthur, Gareth.

Might he possibly be the type to suit Melbourne I wonder? Septimus probably the main Ballydoyle hope at this stage though I suppose.

Originally posted by Desert Orchid+Jun 21 2008, 02:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Desert Orchid @ Jun 21 2008, 02:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Tout Seul@Jun 21 2008, 11:39 AM
I'll add Nota Bene to the fc's abnd tc's after DO's comments.
:what: oooo, pressure... :what: :( [/b][/quote]
Drawn 1...

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing+Jun 21 2008, 02:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chrisbeekracing @ Jun 21 2008, 02:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Desert Orchid@Jun 21 2008, 01:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-chrisbeekracing
@Jun 21 2008, 08:55 AM
2.30 – A decent listed affair here but it should just concern SEAWAY who is John Gosden’s best 2yo.

Makes note to self: don't bet any Gosden 2yos this season :)
You can say that but he done little wrong and he's only worked about 20 of about 60 2yo's. Alot can happen in a couple of months. [/b][/quote]
In that case, wouldn't you agree labelling him the best 2yo in the yard is a tad misleading?

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn+Jun 21 2008, 03:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gareth Flynn @ Jun 21 2008, 03:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Desert Orchid@Jun 21 2008, 02:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Tout Seul
@Jun 21 2008, 11:39 AM
I'll add Nota Bene to the fc's abnd tc's after DO's comments.

:what: oooo, pressure... :what: :(
Drawn 1... [/b][/quote]
I did take the draw into account when 'doing' the race. This is what I wrote for my files:
Ascot 4.25
(Norm 124+)

Short list, taking into account rating and draw:

Edge Closer 120+p (Drawn 14)
Intrepid Jack 122p (7)
Lipocco 124?p (11)
Tombi 118+p (9)
Nota Bene 124+ (1)
Something 126 (3)
Conquest 127?o (27)
King’s Apostle 117+p (23)

Something – not the runner – is going to have to go off like a scalded cat on the far side (high) to get that side into it. The figures suggest the best horses, and therefore probably the pace too, are in the lower half and middle draws will lose a little bit taking one way or the other. This could offset any improvement in Edge Closer and Lipocco. The RP suggests Conquest might make the running on the far side, thereby taking King’s Apostle along to a big run, so they might have a heard a whisper about a change in tactics, since the former isn’t in the habit of front-running. Tamagin (117p (5)) did last time, at a furious pace, but couldn’t get Nota Bene off the bit. It’s not often I have very strong feelings about a race like the Wokingham, even though I have a very good record in the race, but I can see these two dominating the early proceedings and Nota Bene pressing on in the latter stages, with the likes of Intrepid Jack, Tombi and Something closing him down. I reckon 14/1 Nota Bene is a real bit of value. Intrepid Jack and Tombi are about right but Something looks generous too at 22/1 so he’ll carry my saver. I might play about with forecasts and tricasts.

Fascinating racing today at Ascot - but I'm very glad I took the decision this morning not to bet!
Very happy esp for Hannon - that win will mean everything to him - and for also Best and for Amanda Perratt

The vibes weren't good for Sakhee's Secret - I think HM would have pulled him out if he hadn't been Fav in a hot race, it must have been a difficult decision and I got a strong feeling after the race Hughie felt he'd def made the wrong call! It'll be kick the cat time tonight :laughing:

Aaaa f************ck :rolleyes:

Nota Bene pulled up, the far side wins (after me suggesting earlier that the better ground was actually on the far rail :angy: ) and I've done ma dough. I wonder if NB bled or bounced but the way he destroyed Tamagin last time would have seen him go very close today.

I now need Coeur De Lionne, which I've backed at 40/1, to get me out of a hole today.

Originally posted by Headstrong@Jun 21 2008, 03:37 PM
Very happy esp for Hannon - that win will mean everything to him - and for also Best and for Amanda Perratt
Unless you have a crystal ball relating to Camps Bay's chance in the next, I presume you mean Linda Perratt. I'm more pleased for Ian Semple. I'd speculate he's still doing most of the work and if it wasn't for those ambulance-chasing scumbag, he'd still have his name on the licence.

Was always a big ask to expect Nota Bene to be able to reproduce the Great Leighs form under very different conditions. Horses with physical frailties are always best caught fresh.

I think HM would have pulled him out if he hadn't been Fav in a hot race

Times show you that it is not slow ground

Kingsgate Native, War Artist, Sir Gerry, Takover Target, US Ranger have all shown they go on Good or quicker

Big Timer, Beaver Patrol, Kings Apostle, Knot In Wood, have all shown they go on Good or Faster

Result backs up the time analysis

Why would you consider pulling a horse out of a race that has it's conditions please???

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing+Jun 21 2008, 08:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chrisbeekracing @ Jun 21 2008, 08:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PlaceBacker@Jun 21 2008, 07:34 AM
Is MAD RUSH [5.00] the Lay of the day?

Cumani"s horses look to have gone off the boil this week,with 2 short ones turned over yesterday and hot shots Bankable and Monte Alto running below par at the royal meeting
Monte Alto was never fancied by the yard.

The draw beat Bankable.

Kidlat hated the fast ground and was green.

Schopenhauer despite his price, was not fancied strongly and wants soft ground and shouldn't be judged on a tactical 4 runner race.

You offering 3/1 on Mad Rush, if so I'll have some. :D [/b][/quote]
I did lay the horse,but to be fair he ran a blinder

Fans of the Stayer division should have enjoyed today watching St Leger runners Honolulu and MacArthur going in

It was a poor ride Chris, but even if he'd have done everything right, would he still have finished any better than third?

Originally posted by davidjohnson@Jun 21 2008, 06:10 PM
It was a poor ride Chris, but even if he'd have done everything right, would he still have finished any better than third?
Correct on both counts ~ the front two are group horses at the distance which is very unusual for the Queen Alexandra.

Well its hard to tell, but for my liking the horse was cruising on the inside, then when Basat came off the Bridle and carried all the way back to last. By then the birds had flown so to speak. Obviously its hard to say whether he would have won or not, but had he given it a chance he could have given it a fighting chance.

Its the way he rides I can't stand and its getting tedious and boring because he rides everything the same.

To me I really don't care whether the horse could have won, been 2nd or 3rd, but I do like a run for my money and he has not given me one. He has found trouble in a 2m 6f race, which is inexcusable.

Also he made no real attempt in the race to get out the way of the horse going nowhere and allowed himself to get carried back.

I really wouldn't let him on a push bike let alone a racehorse.

If that was a jump jockey in the Gold Cup people would be whining about it, difference is people go its Spencer he always does it, as if its okay.

I personally would rather see a 7lb claimer who has never ridden before on a horse, as at least you know they will try.

I may sound sour and as if I've done my money, but I backed it each way so I haven't lost, but I don't like not getting a run for my money and don't see the point in people saying "if you don't like him why back him". The fact is you fancy a horse not a jockey and I personally believe there should be an error system graded on how a jockey rides and positions and all that, then if they score under a certain amount of points they shouldn't be allowed to ride in a certain race. Jamie Spencer is the worse Champion jockey there has ever been and to be honest he is so one dimensional and the way he rides every horse the same and looks to trouble personally pisses me off.

Please feel free to join us;

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=9144517179

Song I've just made up :D

He had it on the rail
and out the back
boxed in
cruising
going oh so well
he turned the final corner
with nowhere to go
look at him finish though

woooahhh the Jamie Spencer
wooahhhh the Jamie Spencer

woooahhh the Jamie Spencer

useless wanker, rar rar rar

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing@Jun 21 2008, 04:49 PM
Jamie Spencer I actually believe Anne Stokell is a better rider than you.
Did you see Egan pip Stockell on Pawan at Newmarket a few minutes ago? What an awful finish!
I feel so sorry for the poor horse - she was 4lb over, and then leaned round to bash seven bells out of the poor beast, unbalancing him totally in the run to the line - Egan just pushed forward in a rythm, and got up of course!

Poor horse must go back and kick the stable cat regularly :laughing:

Originally posted by Irish Stamp@Jun 28 2008, 04:27 PM
Joined it Chris.

There´s a school of thought that Pawan could be a group horse with a half decent trainer and jockey.
I've been praying for it to run in a claimer for years, I've had 8 trainers on hold to try and claim it for me. That horse could win a big big race with anyone bar her and Spencer on its back.

I could just see Pawan in my colours :luv:

Originally posted by Irish Stamp@Jun 28 2008, 05:27 PM
Joined it Chris.

There´s a school of thought that Pawan could be a group horse with a half decent trainer and jockey.
It's a decidedly sexist school of thought; Ann Stokell is absolutely dire in the saddle, but she costs Pawan a length or so at most due to the nature of sprint races. The horse would surely win fair races with a better jockey but he is no superstar ~ certainly not pattern class.

Back